News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flags of the Volkesmarine.

Flags are something that have always interested me but I have not spent much time in researching or collecting. I think it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to Volkesmarine flags to refer to so I am going to start by posting my one and only Volkesmarine flag. This type of flag is shown in the book "D.D.R. Collectors Reference Guides 1949 1990 Vol 1 FLAGS AND BANNERS Political and Para Military" as the "Service Flag for Rescue Ships of the Volkesmarine". The flag shown in the book does not have the yellow light house on it. It would seem logical that this flag would have been flown by a light ship or possibly a light house. It is made of nylon and is double sided. The flag is a small one and measures 670mm by 360mm. If you have other Vokesmarine flags please post them.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

In first to the navy flags east germany: The oldest are in cotton textile. The youngest one, are made in Polyamid textile( Dederon). The flage with the ligthe house are from a help ship. The flag of help ships are every in blue. Battle ships are red. This typ of the helpshipflage with lighte house is form the sea hydrography service in the DDR a part of the Volksmarine. The SHD ( Seehydrographischer Dienst der DDR ) maintain the buoys and other seafaring - sign in the baltic sea and also light houses. Sincerely Holger