News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

swb to the royal navy roll

Guest pikemedals

Guest pikemedals

hi ,i got a copy of the swb to the royal navy badge roll on cd by alan stuart.badges numbers 1 to 10,200.so if anyone want a badge look up .just ask.tell you name,rank,number and what he was in ie RN.RNVR.RM,RMIL,RMA,RMLC,MN,MFA.

good luck paul

hi ,i got a copy of the swb to the royal navy badge roll on cd by alan stuart.badges numbers 1 to 10,200.so if anyone want a badge look up .just ask.tell you name,rank,number and what he was in ie RN.RNVR.RM,RMIL,RMA,RMLC,MN,MFA.

good luck paul

Hello Paul,

Great of you to make this offer. I have one RN SWB but won't have it back in my hands until Christmas so will give you a shout in a couple of months.

Tony

• 8 months later...

good luck paul

Hi paul,

i have one SWB if you could look it up for me RN28253,

MANY THANKS. joe.

Joe,

I've been searching for this thread for ages, well done for finding it and bringing it back to the top. I just have to find my badge and check the number on it.

Rick, the SWB is the Silver War Badge (commonly wrongly called the Silver Wound Badge), it was a badge issued to members of Empire forces who were invalided out due to sickness or wounds. They didn't have to have been taken on strength of a unit already in theatre beforehand. E.g my g grandad was ill while still in England in 1915, invalided out, would have received his badge some time after 1916 but he then joined up again and went to France in 1918 so, it wasn't an ultimate discharge. He also received the WWII version (cheap and nasty looking compared to the Great War badge in my opinion) for being wounded at Dunkirk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_War_Badge_(SWB)

Here's an (privately done) enamelled version I bought a while back http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29138&hl=allibone and here's one too http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28063&hl=swb* There are also a few photos of them being worn in the 'wounded' thread.

Tony

• 1 month later...
    Guest pikemedals

Hi paul,

i have one SWB if you could look it up for me RN28253,

MANY THANKS. joe.

hi, sorry it been some time to get back to you.my cd roll only go from no.1 to 10.200 badge numbers. your badge number is in AMD 171/184 at the national archives in london.sorry i can,t help you on your bagde