News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

I am able to use internet occasionally.

Here is my new two ribbon bars with questions. I have good feeling about them and I am sure they are good bars but not correct as well. Under blacklight they are fine. Also back plate hooks are not messed, some rust, etc on 7 place bar reverse.

1. 4 place bigger size ribbon bar with HHOX

Like I understand HHOX was possible to get just after, when you have EK already??? But this bar is missing EK. So, is it right guess that the owner had his EK ribbon on the buttonhole and didn't duplicate it on the ribbon bar? Or is here some another explanations? :unsure: Must be officer bar, right?

079364217ef5cd_l.jpg

2. 7 place ribbon bar with three Finnish awards

This one is messed up! Again all the hooks, ribbons, etc are fine. Looks nice and old ribbon bar but some evil person is replaced last ribbon with TR period EK ribbon instead. I do not think its bad bar because other way the last ribbon would be placed under the plate as well and be done better job. But in this case everyone can see that its ?home made replacement? and very wrong place for an EK! So, I think that the owner or someone else replaced last ribbon on the good bar. Other way great bar with THREE Finnish awards!!! Ideas, comments, etc?

07936439a1338b_l.jpg

Guest Rick Research

The first bar is made out of pieces or somebody has stuck an HOH3X device on an Iron Cross ribbon. It is not very common to find the Ausrian WW1 Commemorative Medal WITHOUT the Hungarian one.

The second bar is missing whatever should be on the end that broke off.

Thanks Rick for the answer! So, there is no way that the first ribbon bar would be without EK ribbon? Reverse looks good and not messed up.

My favorite is second ribbon bar with Finnish awards! Its sad to never get known what was on the last place.

• 1 month later...

Here is one nice W?rttemberg bar. Like I understand owner was junior officer because WMV. Last ribbon is TR fire fighter order? How common is that :speechless: ?

Yes, with the enemaled device it should be an officer with MVO knight's cross. Not really a "nice" bar with the full size ribbon in last place, but at least it seems to be old. Uncommon combination, but not identifiable, I'd say. If there were a list for the Reichsfeuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen it presumably would be, but I'm not aware of such a list. Just recently, I got a similar Baden bar: the generic WWI trio for a Baden officer with BZL3bX, plus the TR "Reichsfeuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen" as on your bar.

........just one word to ribbon bar N?1

it is the austrian red cross award in pos 4

Nooo... take one more look, please. It is the "Weltkriegs-Erinnerungsmedaille". ;)

Guest Rick Research

The WM3 (green enamel wreath) with W?rttemberg long service awad in 3rd place means THAT ribbon is either a Wtbg XXV, WLD1, or WLD2.

Any of those three possibilities would make a Third Reich cross for fire department 25 years service very very VERY strange-- let alone slid on as a full size ribbon on spaces where the others are 15mm width. Far more likely, something that was in last place has been removed and that stuck on by little meddling Monkey Fingers "improving" something. :speechless::banger::angry:

Too bad.

A ribbon bar tells its wearer's life history. You have to be a little more careful "reading" what one tells you.

My favorite is second ribbon bar with Finnish awards! Its sad to never get known what was on the last place.

Odds are 3in 4 it was a Hungarian WW1 award and 1 in 4 either an Austrian or Bulgarian one.

Award certificates show the Hungarian awards probably equaled the other two countries combined and more.

Its ' got to be foreign as its on the end and odds are-one of the common commemoratives.