News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian ribbons

ccj

On the first photo is my newest one - Military merit cross 2 times awarded - but it is the first type - not a metal miniature, but the wreath and roman number II is sewed with silver wire...

On the "group" photo there is - without miniature - war medail 1873, Karl troop cross and bravery medal..

with miniature: silver merit cross, "little" silver medal for bravery FJI, two military merit medal (one with crown and second with swords), with "K" for golden bravery medal for officers and karl troop cross...

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

How about this for a mutant? How could they have got the Iron Crown ribbon stripes WRONG? :banger:

This is exactly the ribbon for a Saxon Friedrich August Medal :speechless: BUT with a full size half "Kriegsdekoration" exactly as found on an Iron Crown!!!!

• 1 month later...

Three new ribbons, FJO, GVK and MVK... but i have a question... what is the difference in ribbons between FJO - knights cross and Comtur? officer, comtur with star and grand cross is clear, but what about this two? its the only difference in size?

How about this for a mutant? How could they have got the Iron Crown ribbon stripes WRONG? :banger:

This is exactly the ribbon for a Saxon Friedrich August Medal :speechless: BUT with a full size half "Kriegsdekoration" exactly as found on an Iron Crown!!!!

Rick,

Interesting ribbon mounting arrangement. The picture below shows a tunic set up for attaching this type of ribbon mounting system. I had never seen this mounting system before so passed on the tunic and I wish now that I had not not.

Regards,

Gordon

Rick,

Interesting ribbon mounting arrangement. The picture below shows a tunic set up for attaching this type of ribbon mounting system. I had never seen this mounting system before so passed on the tunic and I wish now that I had not not.

Regards,

Gordon

That's very interesting. I've never seen a setup like that ever. My tunics have the loops for the medals but not the snaps.

Hello,

the owner of that ribbon bar (here of German type), was an officer for sure, since the first two decorations with swords can be attributed to the Milit?rverdienstkreuz III Klasse mit Schwertern and to the Bronzene Milit?rverdienstmedaille ("Signum Laudis") with Swords.

An NCO could have received only the Goldenes (Silbernes) Verdienstkreuz mit der Krone (ohne Krone): both, after 1914 were awarded with "war" ribbon and swords.

Best wishes,

Enzo