Very interesting non-com miniature ribbon bar

My recent purchase: A quite tiny (0,8cm ribbons) miniature ribbon bar - probably from the 1920s. No EK, no Hindenburg. An unusal non-com combination:

War Aid Cross, RAO, KO, King Ludwig Cross, St. Michael (!!, probably 4th cl), Saxon KVK, Oldenburg NC, and a Spanish MVO non-com (CORRECTION: Ottoman medal of the Red Crescent, see below).

post-547-1222977589.jpg

Edited by webr55

oooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu......................... a deja vu :speechless1:

I remember this one...... no, not this one........ but the combination............. or nearly this combination...........but a bit bigger............ but nearly the same..............

:rolleyes::love::beer:

here is a medal bar I had in my collection once upon a time........... really, nearly the same non-com combination - great !!!

Ahh Heiko! :cheers::beer:

That one comes close yes - though it's not him. Any idea who yours belonged to?

And - what was the backing colour??

It belonged to me :P

Until now the bar is unfortunately not identified. The backing is a very dark blue.

Best regards.

Very interesting, thanks! My mini bar has got exactly the same backing color! Maybe they were in the same administrative branch or civilian occupation... btw any chance he might be in the Prussian State and Court Handbook recently (re-) discovered?

Edited by webr55

I'd think the Reichs 1918 might be a better place to start looking through thousands and thousands of pages. Luckily both civil service 1918s are EXTREMELY current-- I've found people with awards mere weeks old and yet efficiently listed.

(Unlike the :banger: navy).

But you'd have to gothrough every single page after page after page after page....

the Research Gnomes Collective is still fully engaged in 1914-18 MILITARY work, so civilians haven't been done.

• 11 months later...

With the newly found list of non-Bavarian recipients of the St. Michael, I found a suspect for my bar:

Prof. Dr. med. Georg Alexander Rost (1877-1970). Dr. med. Kiel 1902. He is listed in the DOA with only the St. Michael 4th cl, which he got in 1904.

He dropped out of the Marine as Generaloberarzt sometime before 1914 and went on to become Professor and Director of the Dermatology Clinic in Freiburg in 1915. Yes, no Baden awards -- but maybe on his neck?

Edited by webr55

More suspects from the Super Grampa thread:

RR Max Rausch, KP Kriegsmin, Berlin, BM4, RAO4

RR Schelle, Minist. d. öff. Arbeit, Berlin, BM4

RR Hermann Metzky (b. 1859), Kalkulator im Reichsschatzamt, BM4, RAO4

RR Rudolf Wolff, Geh. Registr., General-Ordenskommission, BM4, RAO4

Edited by webr55

Metzky-- no. 1918 RHB adds only KHDK SA3b, WF3a.

Rausch--not in PrHuSHB 1913 (dead?)

Schelle-- no. 1918 Preußen HoSHB: adds only Kriegshilfsdienstkreuz.

Schultz-- no. 1918 Reichs Handbuch: adds only EK2w, RAO3mSchl, KO3

Wolff-- no change as of 1913 PrHuSHB, not in 1918 (dead?)

Guess no way to verify this one:

Oberingenieur Schürmann, gunpowder factory Spandau, born 1846, BM4mKr 1899, shows an additional RAO4 in 1908. Importance of gunpowder...

Could this tiny bar have been worn on a civilian dress?

Since this style is too small to have ever been worn on a uniform, my only guess is that these tiny bars were worn on a civilian suit lapel as a "neater" version of the lapel bow ribbons. My "tiny" at bottom in comparison with all other sizes used

Will check on Schürmann.