News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

COMBAT BADGES OF THE THIRD REICH: LUFTWAFFE

I recently came back from a show and had the opportunity to purchase one of the limited series of the new book by my good friend Stephen Previtera on: COMBAT BADGES OF THE THIRD REICH, VOL. 2, LUFTWAFFE. Here is the link to his website if you'd like a better look: http://www.winidorepress.com/books/German_...2/synopsis.html

I can't say enough about the book!

It's stunning........as are all the other books produced by Winidore Press. Check out the link which gives a synopsis of the book.

Steve

Guest Darrell

Steve.

You bought the book? I didnt think it was being released until early November. At least that's what Stephen was telling everyone a few weeks back. There were pre-orders sent in for the limited edition.

Guest Darrell

Yes. These were pre-orders for the limited edition.

I would assume the bunch of pre-orders are being shipped soon? :jumping:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First, the books are due on our warehouse floor November 5-6. Just received that update. Next, I arranged to have samples sent to me for the Max Show and to further advertise the book. Some of these I sold. Thanks for everyone's patience. We have all been waiting, including myself, but the moment is just about upon us. If you'd like to see additional photos I will attempt to get them posted to our website in the next week or so. A Synopsis is available at www.winidorepress.com We will begin shipping two days after the books hit the floor. It will likely take a full two- weeks to ship every order we currently have and those who have waited the longest will naturally be seeing their books first. I know what it's like to wait for a new badge or book in the mail, and I will work to ship them all accordingly.

My Best,

Stephen

Dear Steve,

can we have some pictures to see more ?

Chris

Guest Darrell

Hi,

First, the books are due on our warehouse floor November 5-6. Just received that update. Next, I arranged to have samples sent to me for the Max Show and to further advertise the book. Some of these I sold. Thanks for everyone's patience. We have all been waiting, including myself, but the moment is just about upon us. If you'd like to see additional photos I will attempt to get them posted to our website in the next week or so. A Synopsis is available at www.winidorepress.com We will begin shipping two days after the books hit the floor. It will likely take a full two- weeks to ship every order we currently have and those who have waited the longest will naturally be seeing their books first. I know what it's like to wait for a new badge or book in the mail, and I will work to ship them all accordingly.

My Best,

Stephen

Great news Stephen. Can't wait :jumping:

Hello All,

My biased opinion is ... this book will be the reference for some time to come. The last time Luft badges were covered was back in the 70s and early 80s. The images were grainy B&W photos. Information was limited. Good, questionable, and bad badges (Sea Rescue, LPAB, etc.) were mixed together. The production was rather 'sterile'.

I was proud to have worked with Steve on the new publication. Every attempt was made to vet the subject material. It would be foolhardy to say that no errors have been made, but with the assistance of knowledgable Luft collectors Worldwide, from all the popular Forums, I tend to think the mistakes will be minimal.

The presentation is what one would expect from Winidore Press (aka Steve Previtera). Lots of detailed images, lots of supporting award documents, lots of period portraits. It is my hope that collectors will be pleasantly surprised with the quantity of material presented, and quality of production, of the tome.

Regards,

Mark

PS - And yes, the dimensions & weights are in Metric this time around!

Edited by mmiller