News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

Thanks Morten (!)

Those are really Great fotos of a TeNo man in Norway!

There are almost NO fotos, yet seen of the Norwegian TN Contingent - so this is fantastic.

• UNIFORM - The uniform looks like the basic 'German TN' type. Even the buttons have the TN Logo!
    • SHOULDER BOARDS - The shoulder boards are consistent with the 1940-June 1, 1943 ranking type.
    • COLLAR TABS - The Collar Tabs / Patches are regular German TN' type - but missing the Cog / Zahnrad!
    • (We do not know WHY the Cogs were removed by the TN officers & men. But - from dated fotos,
    • this practice is seen to start in mid 1943, and it continued on later - for the TN members who were
    • not issued the 'new' TeNo-Police Green uniform to wear.
    • M43 'TeNo' CAP - The M43 cap is a neat one! The TN Eagle patch is totally NEW to be seen!!! Good Going. It looks like
    • the Eagle may be a 'cut out' type - or perhaps really 'cut down' from the standard cap Eagle Triangle Patch? Some of us
    • have the 'Theory' (unproven!) that the TeNo men, of this date, were trying to look more like their parent, the SS? Maybe.
    • The 'Norwegian' TeNo Cap Eagle's head - "Appears" to face over the LEFT Shoulder, as is proper for Cap Eagles!
    • (Reminds me of Paulbear's super 'cut out' TeNo Sleeve Eagle patch!) RARE !!!

Where did you find the foto?

Any more to share?

Great Foto!!! ... Txs, Dave/dblmed

ATTACHMENT: "Standard" TeNo Sidecap Eagle Triangle Patch

Hello ,

Very nice post cards ! The rebreather device worn on the men in the post card are Deaga/Auer - Audos MR1 . The Audos MR1 looks very similar to the Draeger made Heeresatmer device .

The post card is a painting and not a photograph so the gas mask looks more like a general shape and design gasmask . In my opinion the gas mask looks like the gasmaske 200 or gasmaske 747 , both were widely used during the time frame of this post card .

Best Regards ,

Joe

Hello!

My friend (Cousin)is the biggest expert in Norway, of Norwegian SS Front Fighters in Eastern Front.He told me that 4 men from

Norwegian SS Front Fighters was in TeNo.My Cousin have more than 15 THOUSEND Photos of Norwegian SS.

All the best :cheers:

Morten.

Txs Morten!

The Norweigan Techniche Nothilfe - Technisk Nödhjelp - is a fascinating subject, & not very much is known about it.

We'll have to look hard & dig deep to uncover more about the TN in Norway!

I found a reference to the Technisk Nödhjelp in the TN Magazine, "Die Raeder" - dated July, 1944.

The caption to the foto is:

Mannschaftsbus mit Anhänger für Werkzeug und Gerät sowie Sanitätswagen der Technisk Nödhjelp. Einsatz fahrzeuge der norwegen Technischen Nothilfe vom TN.-Detachment der Osloer Straßenbahn-Gesellshaft gebaut

My 'translation' (via Computer) of this foto caption, is:

Crew bus with supporter (Trailer) for Tools & Equipment - as well as a Medical Car of the Technisk Nödhjelp.

Employment (the use) of vehicles that Norweigen Technischen Nothilfe of the TN. - Detachment of the OSLO streetcar company has built.

We can only see the back sides of some of the TN Uniforms - no good details.

The TN Logo of "TN-inside of-GEAR" is seen on the side of the Sanitätswagen / Medical Car of the Technisk Nödhjelp.

Txs.... Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Thanks JOE ! Training Exercises at the TN Reichsschule - Belzig - 1937

From Joe's collection of DRAEGER-Helft, (Sept. - Oct. 1937) Joe found these nice fotos

of TN men, in training.

• They are doing hard work (Marching!) while wearing the Gas Masks (in the Upper Foto) - &
    • While wearing Draeger Rebreathing "Back Pack' Units (in the Lower Left Foto.)

Lower Right Foto - is of ERICH HAMPE, Stellv. Chef der TN, reviewing the training exercises

at the TN Reichsschule - Belzig. He is pictured with Major des Generalstabs im RLM Polcher,

and TN Landesfuhrer z. V. Siebert.

Great Fotos & Information! Thanks JOE! ... Dave/dblmed

• 2 weeks later...

TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

(Posted for CAMONUT) - Show are 2 very nice examples of the TN Ranking (in effect 1 Dec. 1936 - 1 April 1940) for a TN.-Oberscharführer.

The shown examples have the 'Integral' Yellow Loop Tresse, which was sewn into place at the time that the Shoulder Boards were made.

(This is confirmed by finding no Tresse exposed on the Reverse.) There are other examples in which the Yellow Loop is just slipped onto the

Shoulder Board & either hand, or machine, sewn into place. (Yellow is visible on the Reverse, in this type.) The slip on types are believed to

have been for 'field upgrades' / promotions, from the existing rank of TN.-Scharführer.

This style TN Shoulder Board also varies quite a bit in length, depending upon the manufacturer. It is not unusual to find 2 different length

Shoulder Boards on the same TN Uniform.

The slight 'Yellow / Goldene" Loop / Tresse coloration differences are also shown nicely on these 2 boards. The color differences are felt to be

the result of either extended sunlight exposure - or - a different manufacturer (or Both!)

Super TeNo • TN Insignia Examples! Thanks for Sharing Them...

TN.-Oberscharführer Shoulder Boards

(Posted for CAMONUT) - Show are 2 very nice examples of the TN Ranking (in effect 1 Dec. 1936 - 1 April 1940) for a TN.-Oberscharführer.

The shown examples have the 'Integral' Yellow Loop Tresse, which was sewn into place at the time that the Shoulder Boards were made.

(This is confirmed by finding no Tresse exposed on the Reverse.) There are other examples in which the Yellow Loop is just slipped onto the

Shoulder Board & either hand, or machine, sewn into place. (Yellow is visible on the Reverse, in this type.) The slip on types are believed to

have been for 'field upgrades' / promotions, from the existing rank of TN.-Scharführer.

This style TN Shoulder Board also varies quite a bit in length, depending upon the manufacturer. It is not unusual to find 2 different length

Shoulder Boards on the same TN Uniform.

The slight 'Yellow / Goldene" Loop / Tresse coloration differences are also shown nicely on these 2 boards. The color differences are felt to be

the result of either extended sunlight exposure - or - a different manufacturer (or Both!)

Super TeNo • TN Insignia Examples! Thanks for Sharing Them...

Hello!

Very nice examples.Please show some from 1940-1945? :cheers:

all the best :cheers:

Morten.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had one of the Heeresatmer backpack units for years …always thought they were an interesting example of 40’s technology but for some reason they were always overlooked by most Collectors. I was told that my example came from Norway where most of them were kept in service until the 1960’s. …I never found out if that story was true but , I’m glad I found it. I heard one sold for $2k last year so, maybe that old saying is true ---What’s overlooked yesterday is harder to find today.

Thought you’d enjoy seeing some shots of it in the case.

Thanks MIKE (!)

That is one fine conditioned Rebreather 'Gas Mask' / Heeresatmer Backpack unit!

Seeing your fotos of the WHOLE UNIT in the box (with tools!) & then opened up, really gives a good feel for what was really a pretty "High-Tech" apparatus for the early 1940's!

I'm sure that many Luftschutz and Feuerschutz Museums in Germany today - would love to have an example as nice as yours, to display! Good Going! Never know what you are going to 'uncrate' / pull out, of that wonderful TR Collection!

The Germans were on the leading edge of Gasschutz & Luftschutz technology - because their leadership had some idea of what lay ahead. (Plus, it seems that "Every" German soldier, is pictured with the cannister Gas Mask! So - how many Million of those cannister Gas Masks were manufactured for the Wehrmacht & 'Zivil' use? My 'guess' would be Probably > 10,000,000 + !

As just another part of the anticipated "Gas War / Air (Raid) War" - a special magazine came out in 1931 - "Gasschutz und Luftschutz", or called GuL. It is very fortune for us as collectors, that the German Bundesamt für Bevölkerungsschutz und Katastrophenhilfe has a WebSite & they have archived (in PDF's) - ALL of the GuL Issues from 1931-1945! Download for FREE, here:

http://www.bbk.bund.....html__nnn=true

Interesting information, which is like a 'Time Capsule' to read through! THANKS for sharing, MIKE - a "Unique" Item(!) ....Dave/dblmed