News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

"...I caught Dave's comment on the shoulder board rank, so it brings into question Littlejohn's statement

that "when wearing the field-grey uniform the same TN collar patch was worn on both sides of the collar,

as well as TN shoulder straps/boards".

YES, it is confusing. The TN Regulations, as of 1941 did state the above - BUT, this was NOT followed

to the letter in 1941, or later, as period Photos show.

Here is a Feb, 1941 TN Einsatzgruppe Photo where NO ONE at All, is wearing Collar Patches!

Dave/dblmed

More of the TN Einsatzgruppen's 'inconsistent' wearing of TN Collar Patches in 1940 & 1941.

1) The LT. 1st, 2nd & 3rd TN-Men have a Blank TN RT. Patch & a COG on the LT. Patch.

2) The LT. 4th & 5th TN-Men have NO Collar Patched, on either collar.

3) The TN-Mann at the Far RT. has a Blank RT. Patch & a Blank LT. Patch.

So, the inconsistent use of TN Collar Patches is quite evident.

(? Note that the LT. 1st, 3rd and 5th TN-Men are wearing the TN Cufftitles, so there they are again.)

Apr 41-TN-Einsatz-Truppe Photo ..... Dave/dblmed

"Littlejohn states the field-grey Wehrmacht / Heer type tunic was for wear only in occupied

countries and Not worn in Germany (pg 479)."

Yes, that was probably written as the 'early' TN Regulations, but again, this was not followed,

as multiple period TN Photos confirm.

Here is a December, 1943 Hamburg Photo, at a TN Headquarters (there were several), of

Bereitschaftf?hrer Klindt, clearly wearing a Field-Grey TN Uniform. (That is inside Germany!)

(I have his Albums from France in 1940-41 to Russia in 1941-43, and back to Hamburg in 1943)

This 1943 TN Photo is especially revealing, as it gives us a glimpse of the TN of that date, as:

1) Klindt and the TN Officer over his LT. Shoulder, wear NO COGS on their Collar Patches.

2. The TN-Mann above Klindt wears NO Collar Patches, at all!

3. There are 3 TN-Men wearing the TN White Work Uniform, but they wear the Early TN Blue

Sidecaps.

4. The TN EM Standing, wearing the TN Field-Grey Greatcoat (5 buttons / side) also is wearing

the Early TN Blue Sidecap, when he 'should' be wearing the Field-Grey Sidecap.

5. The man, 2nd from LT. is Luftschutz, which was closely aligned with the TN.

Lots to see here, in addition to "TN Field-Grey WAS worn inside of Germany" ... Dave/dblmed

"....Also, were the EM/NCO's authorized to carry sidearms? I see Officer's were authorized in 1938."

Yes, as this 1941 Photo shows.

Also of interest, in this Photo:

1. Wear of the Ultra, Ultra-Rare TN Field-Grey Sidecap, with TN Piping! (I've never seen one...)

2. No Wear of Collar Patches.

3. TN Cufftitle is visible on LT.

Txs, Dave/dblmed

"....It looks like rank for my tunic belonged to a "what"?..."

Your TN Tunic, as is, is for the Rank of a TN-Mann.

The LT. Collar Patch should have a COG.

The RT. Collar Patch could remain Blank, for this time frame of the TN Einsatztruppen.

BUT, you are in luck, in that your tunic has shoulder loops, so it can be 'upgraded' to

ANY EM/NCO Rank, for which you can find Collar Patches & Shoulder Boards! (Not easy,

to find, but certainly they are not impossible to locate ... with a lot of careful 'looking.')

Here is a re-post of the 1940-mid 1943 TN Ranks

This photo is 'by the book' and shows TN Einsatz Soldats with the MATCHING Double Collar

Patches. (So, sometimes they did it the correct way as well.)

Camonut - The 3 TN-Men on the RT. are YOUR Tunic!, with YOUR Rank of TN-Mann.

So, another 'option' is using the Double COGS Collar Patches, for your tunic.

PHOTO August, 1941-TN-Dbl-COGS-Russia

(Note - TN Cufftitles in wear)

Camonut - We're ALL waiting for LOTS of Photos of your Rare TN Einzatzmann Uniform! :jumping:

Best, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

nesredep

Nesredep - LOVE that Assmann Catalog, with the TN Metal Items and then the TN Silver Buckle near the back page!

Lots of great reference material is found there! ... Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

Yes, the shown TeNo Buckle is a 'Fantasy / Fake' Item which turns up from time to time.

(Real TeNo Buckles, are an Ultra-Rarity and almost never come up for sale!)

The Booklets, TN Leitfaden, #'s A - F, have some interesting TeNo information in them.

It is mostly the Technical Stuff which the TN did, but fun to read about! Also, sometimes

they are marked with the Ortsgruppe, like the Malmedy one shown. I have All except F,

and I am looking for it! .... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Yes, the shown TeNo Buckle is a 'Fantasy / Fake' Item which turns up from time to time.

(Real TeNo Buckles, are an Ultra-Rarity and almost never come up for sale!)

The Booklets, TN Leitfaden, #'s A - F, have some interesting TeNo information in them.

It is mostly the Technical Stuff which the TN did, but fun to read about! Also, sometimes

they are marked with the Ortsgruppe, like the Malmedy one shown. I have All except F,

and I am looking for it! .... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Why are the buckles so rare? I would figure that more of these would have survived than tunics.

Hi Paul (I hear that California is Calling You!)

TeNo Buckles (EM & NCO) 'Standard' Types are VERY Rarely found, and the Buckle Collectors grab one up - fast!

Seems that they were made ONLY in 1932-1933 (from what we know). Then, the Open Claw Type Buckle, became

the "TeNo Standard" Buckle. So, with such a short time of use = very few Buckles, & then how many survived? I

only know of 1 of these EM / NCO buckles in a Collection - RARE!)

TeNo Officer's Buckles did not show up until 1940. with the also RARE Silver TN Buckle & the Ultra-Rare TN GOLD

Buckle (only 1 Example know) - and, both for use on the Brocade Belt.

Shown are the Only TN Buckles of which I am aware. (Photos from "Defending the Reich" & "Police, Vol. 2"

(Buy the Books! Both are Super!) ....Txs, Dave

Edited by dblmed

Thanx Dave..I have been told that this is a Open Claw for a TeNo EM. I suspect that if it is, it would be worn with the blue tunic. The belt & buckle for the combat variety could be that of the branch in which they were serving, e.g., Army. Thoughts on the belt? Another picture below..