News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TeNo TN Technische Nothilfe Uniforms, Insignia & Other

Camonut - Yes, The Pebbled Claw Buckle (with Black Belt) would have been appropriate for the TeNo (even though

the Assmann catalog, an some TN Publications only showed the Smooth Claw Type. (Photos show that TN men did

wear both Pebbled or Smooth Claw Buckles.) Size determines EM / NCO vs. Officer (Officer is the Larger size - but, as

in most things TeNo, I have seen Officer photos with the SM Size, and EM photos with the Large Size! I believe that it

was a matter of Availability, Expediency, and then, War Time Conditions. (I have Not seen a TN Black Belt, which was

TN Maked - but, that would be a real PLUS!)

nesredep - Thanks for the Assmann Catalog pages and Angolia's "Buckle Book" shows the beautiful TeNo Silver Buckle and Brocade. Like so many things TeNo - these Beautiful Buckles are very, very hard to find. I know of only 6-7 TeNo Silver Buckles, & only 1 TeNo Gold Buckle, so far (BUT, I have to believe that there are more 'hidden' in old European Collections!) I was extremly lucky, and was able to purchase the TN Gold Buckle as a part the Estate of TN Landesf?hrer Walther Junecke, who was also a GenMaj. der Polizei.

ATTACHMENT - Silver TeNo Officer Buckle + GOLD TeNo High Officer Buckle ........ Txs, Dave/dblmed

Camonut - Yes, The Pebbled Claw Buckle (with Black Belt) would have been appropriate for the TeNo (even though

the Assmann catalog, an some TN Publications only showed the Smooth Claw Type. (Photos show that TN men did

wear both Pebbled or Smooth Claw Buckles.) Size determines EM / NCO vs. Officer (Officer is the Larger size - but, as

in most things TeNo, I have seen Officer photos with the SM Size, and EM photos with the Large Size! I believe that it

was a matter of Availability, Expediency, and then, War Time Conditions. (I have Not seen a TN Black Belt, which was

TN Maked - but, that would be a real PLUS!)

nesredep - Thanks for the Assmann Catalog pages and Angolia's "Buckle Book" shows the beautiful TeNo Silver Buckle and Brocade. Like so many things TeNo - these Beautiful Buckles are very, very hard to find. I know of only 6-7 TeNo Silver Buckles, & only 1 TeNo Gold Buckle, so far (BUT, I have to believe that there are more 'hidden' in old European Collections!) I was extremly lucky, and was able to purchase the TN Gold Buckle as a part the Estate of TN Landesf?hrer Walther Junecke, who was also a GenMaj. der Polizei.

ATTACHMENT - Silver TeNo Officer Buckle + GOLD TeNo High Officer Buckle ........ Txs, Dave/dblmed

Hello!

Amazing Buckle.Allways glad to help. :beer:

All the best :cheers:

Nesredep

Hi Camonut - RE: Your M40 TeNo Einsatztruppe Tunic

We would really enjoy ANY Photos which you could Post -

? Front,

? Collar ( & Underneath/Flipped Up)

? Reverse,

? Both Sides, Showing Sleeves

? & Lots of Interior Detail Photos! .......................... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Camonut! Nice Photos & this is the kind of detail that we are hoping to see!

Yes - the small images make it a bit hard to see though.

If you use Photoshop, you can start with a larger image, like 8" x 10" - then reduce to 72dpi, and

"Save for Web" in a < 100kb size.

- or - I'll be pleased to resize them for you & Post them here - send images to me at: dblmed@earthlink.net

Txs, Dave/dblmed

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Camonut!

As your time permits - send me additional Photos of your 1-of-a-Kind TeNo Einsatztruppen Tunic, & I'll gladly re-size them

for Posting, for you. You have a 'Dream' TeNo Tunic, which has only been seen in Photos, previously!

Best... Dave/dblmed

Hi Camonut!

As your time permits - send me additional Photos of your 1-of-a-Kind TeNo Einsatztruppen Tunic, & I'll gladly re-size them

for Posting, for you. You have a 'Dream' TeNo Tunic, which has only been seen in Photos, previously!

Best... Dave/dblmed

I agree! What is funny is that during the war there were 1000s of these! Now, we would be lucky to see 5! Most were stripped down for work clothes after the war. You have a true gem, far rarer than any SS tunic!

Soldaten - the nice Shoulder Boards which you show WERE, Yes, Previously Identified, as being for the late war (> June 1, 1943 TeNo). For a very long time - I also thought that these were TeNo Boards as well! (I also have examples of your type Board, which I have collected!) They were ID's as being for the Rank of Unterwachtmeister der TeNo. The problem, in the Past, has been that TeNo Rank Charts were printed in Black & White - so, there was plenty of room, for potential confusion of the Actual Colors.

However, inn the new book, "German Police, Vol. 2" has solved the prior 'Mystery' of Color. The Author, Hugh Page Taylor, reviewed the actual written description of the late war (3rd Rank Change) of the TeNo Insignia. From his research, using a copy of the actual 1945 "Taschenbuch die Deutsche Polizei, fur die Technische Nothilfe" - he has ID'd this TeNo Rank Shoulder Board COLOR, as being:

"....Police Brown (a Middle Brown) inner cording (NOT Black), with

Outer Rim (Cord) of Black, with Silver Chevrons ("V's"), and

Backing of solid Black Color..."

Your Posted Shoulder Board is consistent with the Bahnschutz Shoulder Board of 1936-1941 (minus the Banschutz 'wings'. (This same configuration Board was also used by the Police, Post War, in Neidersachen(? I believe?). Early Post War Shoulder Boards, do not "Glow" under UV Light, so that just Adds to the potential Confusion!)

Jiri Libal, Sr. (a noted TR Historian) has a PHENOMENAL Chart of Almost ALL of the TR Polizei & Associated Groups (such as the TeNo) at:

http://www.tenzor.cz/lbsr/dr/uf/sch_pol-wchtm.html

Jiri studies the TR Period Regulations & he is the reference for historical Accuracy!

? TeNo Shoulder Boards are about 1/2 way down the Chart (but do Not show this specific Rank, Unfortunately.

? Banschutz Shoulder Boards are about 3/4 way down the Chart. (Which shows your Board.)

Also, your Shoulder Board is seen on Reichsbahnschutz / Eisenbahn Reference:

http://www.eisenbahnraritaeten.de/Rangabze...bahnschutz.html

Please Post other TeNo items from your Collection! .....Txs, Dave/dblmed

Thank you Dave! Those boards are actually in the collection of a friend. I considered going after them because I am about to receive in the mail a stripped TENO police tunic. It may be feldgrau, but I really think from the photos that it's police green. We shall see! It's TENO stamped inside (the TN cog logo over the size) and it has all the proper details. I shall post photos when the mailman brings it to me. I know these are very rare so I am quite excited.

All the best - Mike

Mike, that's Great! ANY TeNo Tunic / Uniform is a very special find!

Look forward to seeing your Photos of it!

Post a LOT of Photos - So that we can enjoy the Details of these Rare Finds! ...Txs, Dave/dblmed

It has arrived! :D

It is a POLICE TENO tunic (look at the color compared to a Heer M36). I have asked the seller for more info, but from what I know already I think this was an unissued tunic that wound up being worn for a short time by a civilian after the war. There is no indication of any prior insignia (minus the ghost of a Heer eagle that was sewn on post-war and removed). It's mint minus a few moth bits and some unfortunate moth tracking on the back. My reasoning for the civilian use theory is because there is tobacco in the chest pocket (so somebody wore it) and it came with odd, civilian tailored boards made of separate pieces of similar material. The size is huge... a US 44 Jacket. Here are the pics (I had to put them on Flickr because the forum would only allow teeny tiny pics).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18698389@N00/...57621430206357/

I look forward to your replies!

Mike

Hi Mike - I 'snatched' your TeNo-Police Tunic off of Flicker, and resized them for the Thread,

so that they are easier to See. CONGRATS! You do indeed have a quite rare TeNo-Police Tunic!

It matches with ALL which I've seen (only 2) & ALL which I have personally examined (only 2) -

so yours makes only 5 of these TeNo-Police Tunics. (As are currently Known to the Forums,

but also 'probably' a vert few may also exist in other Collections.)

TeNo-Police Tunic - FRONT .... Posted for Soldaten

Mike, Now that you have the Super TeNo-Police Tunic - the 'hunt' will be on for the:

• TeNo 'Traditions' Cog Sleeve Raute;
    • Black TeNo-Police EM/NCO Sleeve Eagle;
    • Period Shoulder Boards;
    • Matching 'SS-Like' EM/NCO Collar Tabs

Here is a Photo Collage of the TeNo 'Traditions' Cog Sleeve Raute, both on the TeNo-Police Tunic, and 'loose.'

...... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Here is a collage TeNo-Police NCO Photo that I'd made up for Reference.

It shows ALL of the correct TeNo-Police Insignia, on a great Robert Noss photo

(featured also in "German Police, Vol. 2") - of the highest 6.1.1943 NCO Rank,

a TeNo Meister (with > 12 years service.) ...... Txs, Dave/dblmed

Edited by dblmed