News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

May I ask where this one came from? I haven't seen it before, but my gut does not like it.

:unsure:

Really? I usually scrutinize my purchases carefully...I could see nothing wrong with it. Except for the use of the wrong ribbon on the first medal. It came from a friend in Germany that is a member here.

Can I ask, what is it that you don't like? Maybe I missed something.

Steve

of course it is the wrong ribbon for the first medal if it is a noncom bar - what makes you shure that the ribbon is wrong and not the right medal is missing??? A bit confusing, but you know what I want to say... ;-)

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

of course it is the wrong ribbon for the first medal if it is a noncom bar - what makes you shure that the ribbon is wrong and not the right medal is missing??? A bit confusing, but you know what I want to say... ;-)

Heiko

I guess anything is possible! I will re-examine the FF2 mounting tonight.

Steve

Can I ask, what is it that you don't like? Maybe I missed something.

No, not really. The sewing reminded me to the bars of Vienna eBay seller "am-militaria", but if it didn't come from there, it may well be good. It was just a feeling, I cannot say it is bad.

By the way, not all bars have only combattant or only non-combattant ribbons - as per different regulations we often see those mixed.

I double and triple checked everything on this bar and it all appears to be old, especially the way the ribbons have conformed to each other and the medals (medals making indents into the ribbons). There are even "tie down" threads that have broken on three medals. But here's the odd thing: All medals have tie downs EXCEPT the FF2.....this raises some serious doubts in my mind!

By the way, not all bars have only combattant or only non-combattant ribbons - as per different regulations we often see those mixed.

Thank you on this point. I do remember seeing a few here.

Cheers, :cheers:

Steve