News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Genuine or fake?

I'm no expert but Maker Mark 20, C F Zimmermann Pforzheim, I believe that they were one of the official makers, But I'm sure I'll get shot down.

regards

Alex

Hi Alex

Thanks for the replies and the information, I look forward to hearing what all you learned guys think.

Best wishes

Mike

Yes, 20 is C.F. Zimmermann, but this particular cross is generally accepted to be a known fake. Sorry!

HI ekhunter,

Thank you for your reply, it is not nice to know what you have is not what it should be but i like to know what is right or wrong, that is why I asked all you experts.

Many thanks

Best wishes

Mike

Yes absolutely fake, no comparison at all to a genuine Zimmermann RK.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, yes I was a novice back then, I trusted the dealer and got caught.

It would be nice to name and shame as I have heard bad reports about him recently,

but I suppose that would bring legal action against me, cest la vie!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Edited by jerseymic

I would highly recommend buying and reading Dietrich's book. Consider it a relatively inexpensive, extensive, and thorough education into the field of knowing about Rk's. In fact, this particular cross is in his book under 'Fakes'. :cheers: :cheers:

I would highly recommend buying and reading Dietrich's book. Consider it a relatively inexpensive, extensive, and thorough education into the field of knowing about Rk's. In fact, this particular cross is in his book under 'Fakes'. :cheers::cheers:

Hi ekhunter,

Many thanks for the advice, will have a look.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Mike,

I just noticed this comment made on another forum and was wondering if it could have a possible link to your piece?

"This Piece is the same type of copy that "Flatken Militaria" (Brian Coster) tries to sell as original with Zimmerman "20" marks, which also comes with fake papers from Thomas Hoff!"

Sorry to see that your RK is not what you thought. People that sell these as genuine should be hung out to dry.

Mike

Mike,

I just noticed this comment made on another forum and was wondering if it could have a possible link to your piece?

"This Piece is the same type of copy that "Flatken Militaria" (Brian Coster) tries to sell as original with Zimmerman "20" marks, which also comes with fake papers from Thomas Hoff!"

Sorry to see that your RK is not what you thought. People that sell these as genuine should be hung out to dry.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You hit the nail on the head, fake papers and all.

Has anyone here heard of Thomas Hoff (Historisches Militaria) who the papers are from.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Edited by jerseymic