Order of the Patriotic War 2cl - duplicate award

I'm not sure if this is a duplicate award. The serial number is in range and in the correct engraving style for this type or starback, so it would have been a duplicate award for just a slightly earlier order. Furthermore, I believe the 'д' is usually located just above the serial number, instead of on the edge.

I'm not sure if this is a duplicate award. The serial number is in range and in the correct engraving style for this type or starback, so it would have been a duplicate award for just a slightly earlier order. Furthermore, I believe the 'д' is usually located just above the serial number, instead of on the edge.

Dear Auke,

many thanks for your expertise :cheers: .

You are right, the s/n.-range is nothing extraordinary.

But it is without doubt, we can make out a stamped in "d", which is NOT a makers mark, I guess.

The simple reason, why the "d" is not located at the correct place - above the s/n. - might have been, that there wasn't enough space for placing the letter between the s/n. and the mint mark - just my theory :unsure: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian