News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lately I came across this nice little bar. Major Eugen K. Unfortunately a fool removed the clasps KAMERUN 1904 and 1906.

The combination of both Hohenzollern orders with the PKO4x is quite unique I guess.

A really great one, thanks for showing! Pity the issue with the two clasps...

:speechless:

Is that a Godet bar? Seems to be, or am I wrong? Another question: what does #6 signify? Its that a Saxon war merit cross with unnecessary swords or is it an Albrecht with wrong ribbon mounted?

Edited by saschaw

Guest Rick Research

What JOY some cretinous poxed maggot derived from ripping the bars off and gluing them into his precious scrapbook of ONLY little tiny bars (or whatever the ******* thought he was doing).... :speechless::banger::angry::violent:

But at least this shows that Old Eugen was called back out "zV" for WW2, replacing his old XXV with the two new Wehrmacht versions-- that the same or another MORON has replaced the correct two gold eagles with these :speechless: devices. Born in 1877 which made him of good age to be an Oberst zV. His Saxon (War Effort with wrong X HE put on there or SA3aX-- I can't tell from the fading) is also news.

STILL a most :jumping::jumping: bar not least for the 1911 Hohenzollern Jubilee medal on top of the three Prussian/double Hohenzollern awards. That HE3aX makes a Pour le Merite look common, by numbers awarded. This is probably one of the best ribbon bars I've ever seen in my life. :cheers:

It is my good fortune to have three to the same recipient of a double Hohenzollern HoH3X/HE3aX-- Oberstleutnant Heinrich Wambold:

He was born in 1869, so 70 when the Second war started-- and thus apparently served as an old Luftschutz official.

This one remains a puzzler:

The HE3aX was given to Majors... no XXV as of 1914...and I suspect from absence of the usual ?M3K wreath on the Austrian ribbon that this guy was either a doctor or a military official, with a Franz Joseph Order on the war ribbon...

but still have a Suspect List of about 10 I can't narrow down from what's on here--despite how few HE3aXs there were.

A really great one, thanks for showing! Pity the issue with the two clasps...

:speechless:

Is that a Godet bar? Seems to be, or am I wrong? Another question: what does #6 signify? Its that a Saxon war merit cross with unnecessary swords or is it an Albrecht with wrong ribbon mounted?

I can not tell you whether it is Godet or not. It is not marked.

No 6 is th ribbon for Saxon war merit cross with swords which do not belong to it.

Guest Rick Research

Godet's metal backings are distinctive. The hinge on the pin will look like an = above and below the pin rather than being fitted in a tube ||. Their normal "trademark" backing is a soft pale gray cloth.

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Classic Godet. :cheers:

Most-- at least for some unknown time period-- also had a miniature "automobile license plate" tag:

That's how we were able to identify bars like this.

Godet devices are also the most :love: -- just look at that ?M3K wreath and those chubby fat gloriously oversized crowns! :love:

I like the title of this tread but I would like to change it to "The Cry of Paul" as I saw this bar at the MAX show and passed it up due to the missing kolonial bar and questionable 25 year civilian devise. :speechless:

Edited by Paul C

I like the title of this tread but I would like to change it to "The Cry of Paul" as I saw this bar at the MAX show and passed it up due to the missing kolonial bar and questionable 25 year civilian devise. :speechless:

Paul, I?m sorry for you.

When it turned up in Germany I couldn?t say no.

After the war Eugen got a job at the Reichsarchiv in Berlin Spandau and Heeresarchiv Potsdam. So the civilian service cross fits.

Aaaah, now this thread might as well be called "The Cry of Sascha"!

:ninja:

I saw the Wambold trio on eBay.de, many moons ago but at that time, I wouldn't have spent thaaat much money on ribbon bars. We shouldn't talk about what they sold for - now I'd take them... Though very nice they're still a set - as they've been offered in three auctions which usually split up.

What is that last ribbon for? Sweden?!

Edited by saschaw