News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberstleutnants Christl

ccj

Can anyone give information or show images of Oberstleutnants Christl of 13. k.u.k Infanterie Regiment?

I have interest in this man after seeing his tunic and a few effect offered for sale. I'm trying to acquire some of of his stuff.

Charles

I'm almost certain this ribbon bar doesnt belong with the group. I know it's a post war bar that would have been worn on a different tunic. I'm not sure it looks to be a bar a senoir officer would have worn years after the war.

Hi,

The only 'Christl' that I have been able to locate that remotely fits the scenario is Oberleutnant der Reseve Anton Christl who was working in the Kriegsarchiv (zugeteilt) in 1914. There is no mention of him in the 1916 Rangliste. No photo of him I am afraid.

He held the following orders and medals.

Officers Service Cross 3rd Class

Bronze Jubilee Medal

Military Jubilee Cross

Bosnian-Hercegovina Medal

Regards,

Ian

In the 1904 Schematismus I found a Major Anton Christl Generalstabschef 1. InfanterieTruppenDivision in Sarajewo who became Generalstabs-member on 1st of November 1903. At this time he was only decorated with the 1898 Jubilee-Medal

In the 1914-Schematismus (page 1038) I found Oberst Anton Christl (25Years-Service Cross, JuileeMedal 1898, 1908 Cross, Bosnian Medal) as retired Officer in special assignement to the Kriegsarchiv since 2nd of January 1911.

regards

josef

In the 1904 Schematismus I found a Major Anton Christl Generalstabschef 1. InfanterieTruppenDivision in Sarajewo who became Generalstabs-member on 1st of November 1903. At this time he was only decorated with the 1898 Jubilee-Medal

In the 1914-Schematismus (page 1038) I found Oberst Anton Christl (25Years-Service Cross, JuileeMedal 1898, 1908 Cross, Bosnian Medal) as retired Officer in special assignement to the Kriegsarchiv since 2nd of January 1911.

regards

josef

I have a set of orders that read;

k und k Infanterieregiment von Kuller Nro 94

Beilage zum Regimentskommandobefehl Nro 238 vom 25 August 190

Anornungen des k und k 29 Infanterietruppendivisions Kommwndos fur die Manoever 190

Obstlt Christl

II/Kn.26

I/Kn.26

I just received the manuevre booklets and the orders with the tunic in the mail today. I'm not sure about the orders as there's a small map on it. See post above.

Guest Rick Research

Nice neck stock, Charles. That is the sort of uniform accessory it is virtually impossible to find.

Perhaps this Christl is NOT in the Schematismus, which is for the "Imperial" army, but in the Landwehr list for the "national" army?

Glenn was telling me that there were THREE sets of Lists--one for the Dual forces, one for the Hungarian (Honved) "national," and one for the Austrian ("Landwehr") national armies?

Yes there are three seperate schematismus for the different forces of the Empire. I have checked my 1906 Landwehr and Gendarmerie copy and the only Christl is a Kadetten, so I guess we can rules him out. I don't have access to a Honved copy so a Honved Officer is still a possibility. However, having said that the orange (orange-yellow)?? facing colour on the rank insignia rules out Honved. Another point is that 'k. u. k. Infanterieregiment von Kuller Nr 94' had a facing colour of white, so I would think that rules that IR out.

Regards,

Ian

Yes there are three seperate schematismus for the different forces of the Empire. I have checked my 1906 Landwehr and Gendarmerie copy and the only Christl is a Kadetten, so I guess we can rules him out. I don't have access to a Honved copy so a Honved Officer is still a possibility. However, having said that the orange (orange-yellow)?? facing colour on the rank insignia rules out Honved. Another point is that 'k. u. k. Infanterieregiment von Kuller Nr 94' had a facing colour of white, so I would think that rules that IR out.

Regards,

Ian

I'm confused to because the seller indicated IR13 but I see no evidence of this. The collar tab backing is Rosa/pink. I'll taker better images tonight if possible. It's a very nice tunic.

Rick, the neck stock is a very nice item and I'm happy to have it in the group. I just hope to find another torso soon so I don't have to remove a tunic from one in my room.

Guest Rick Research

I'm not familiar with Hapsburg troop designaions, but are not those the tactical symbols for ARTILLERY units-- so presumably the Mysteriously Unfindable Oberstleutnant Christl was commanding "K(anone)n (Rgt?) 26" ?

Since the ribbon bar has nothing to do with anything, I'd assume that the tunic and paperwork have nothing to do with each other, either.

Always thought it was much much too tricky trying to identify 90+ year old faded collar patch colors for unit IDs than having nice numbers or ciphers. :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

So what does that choice of colors and the patch braid colors suggest as potential units?

4 loops? 5? 25 Years Long Service CRoss, 1898 Military Jubilee Medal, 1908 MJ Cross, and two awards-- peacetime Signum Laudis in bronze and a peacetime Military Merit Cross, maybe?

Pre-world war tunic if Pike Gray, right?

So what does that choice of colors and the patch braid colors suggest as potential units?

4 loops? 5? 25 Years Long Service CRoss, 1898 Military Jubilee Medal, 1908 MJ Cross, and two awards-- peacetime Signum Laudis in bronze and a peacetime Military Merit Cross, maybe?

Pre-world war tunic if Pike Gray, right?

Six awards... the piping would be IR13 for German or IR5 for Hungarian if it's rose. The problem is the kuk had too many shades of red.

Scarlet-red NO

Amaranth-red ?? What is it?

Lobster-red NO

Madder-red NO

Claret-red NO

Pale-red ?? IR57 or 65

Rose-red Maybe IR13 or 5

Cherry-red NO

Crimson-red MAYBE IR84 or 96

Dark-red

• 1 month later...