News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

This is something I picked up recently and want to sell it to a good home. It's outside my area of interest. But I've no earthly idea what these would sell for? In fact I've no idea if it's a cap badge or what or even from what period. :unsure:

Would deeply appreciate any help and of course if anyone is intro'd please PM me and I'm sure we can work it out. Otherwise I'm happy to list it in the sales section but again I've no idea what a fair price would be.

Many thanks! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

It's the cap badge of the RAF, from about 1918 - mid 1950's, instead of being die-struck it's cast metal, so it's a locally made genuine item worth a few pounds, or a modern made copy which isn't really worth more than a few pence.

Hi Leigh,

Many thanks for the info. How can I tell which one it is? :unsure: Again it doesn't fit with my collection in general so I'd like to see it go to someone who can make better use of it.

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan

It looks like a cast badge the pressed ones are a lot smoother on the back and a bit thinner so probably made in india or one of the overseas postings as (a) a replacement or (b) a copy -if you want to do a trade or sell it give me a shout as I collect RAF stuff( have been in it for 20 years)

Cheers

Perce

There's no way of telling. If a serviceman or even a unit had to replace a lost badge or arrange for production of badges when they were difficulties in getting supplies sent out, say in Egypt or India, they could just nip into a local bazaar with an example & get cast copies run off. Some of these bore manufacturers names & dates etc, others no markings. Theses sort of copies of obsolete badges are still produced & generally referred to in UK as "Pakistani cast badges" as, I think, some Pakistani manufacturers advertise them along with any cloth & bullion insignia you want run up.

It may be contemporary, it may not be, n the hand it might be easier to make a judgement.

It's the sort of badge that would appeal to a collector of RAF insignia variations.