News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I'm sure it's a nice local veterans association medal-- see how narrow the bi-color ribbon is?

That is one of those :love: never tarnishing white metal alloy bars with the raised outer edge "bumps" at /each side\ to protect the ribbons from wear and rubbing.

Guest Rick Research

And that was with the stumps of 4 fingers worn away typing award rolls... :catjava:

Exceptionally nice looking medal, but the narrow width of the half and half ribbon still inclines me to some sort of veterans award-- perhaps a specific regiment's jubilee medal? Nicer than the usual generic things hanging from weird pentagonal ribbons.

1897+ is also late for one of those niftiest of all trapezoid medal bar mounts. They seem to have peaked in the 1880s. Very hard to find.

I got this little CDV recently.

Taken in 1900 in Coburg, is it possible that the last medal is a Saxe- Coburg long service medal?

Help? What is that third medal?

ulsterman,

it could be from the saxon 'association of honorably discharged military'

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

Are you sure? The ribbon looks different and from the details I see (maybe you can see better details having it "in-hand"), the medal is not the same. I could be wrong!

The same to Rick, regarding my photo...

It looks rather like Oldenburg's medal for 1848/49. But again, the ribbon does not seem to match. Possible?