News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Original Chetnik items

Here's one more badge I suspect to be fake. I posted this one because it seems that certain amount of them without inscription on the back side appeared lately. I apologize if someone already wrote about this matter but is that generally speaking normal? Are there authentic pieces like that out there?

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-7937-0-01871600-1425303525.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2015/post-7937-0-33758600-1425303551.jpg

Edited by paja

One more question, I noticed that some of these fakes have a spider web-like part between the crossed bones while others don't.

Original badge that serbman was so kind to show us in post #191 (http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/31679-serbia-original-chetnik-items/?p=609500) has that detail.

I've been going through photos of fakes and it seems to me that all those badges without inscription are also without "spider web". Are there authentic pieces like that? 

Edited by paja

Thank you very much for sharing photos of these rare original pieces from your collection with us.

I probably should have formulated  my questions more clearly, what I would like to know is: 

-are there original badges without "spider" crossbones (both badges that you have shown us have that detail)

-and is there variation of the badge without inscription on the the back ( of course not counting badges made during war "on the field" from canteens and similar metal objects)

Edited by paja

Pajo brate al ti sereÅ¡ za medalju komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ neÅ¡to za Å¡ta nisi struÄan priÄaÅ¡ o nekim kokardama za koje nikad nisi ni video uživo i komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ kakve kosti na lobanji trebaju da budu.Kenja mi se viÅ¡e od takvih struÄnjaka ako neÅ¡to nisi nikada video nemoj da komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ uzmi brate lepo knjigu JVuO i videćeÅ¡ o kojoj je kokardi reÄ ,o originalnosti neću da priÄam jer slike su jedno a uživo je drugo a takav model ja imam original i postoji a Å¡to se tiÄe pozadi proizvoÄ‘aÄa nisu sve imale da znaÅ¡ a ja mogu sve ovo Å¡to sam ti napisao i slikama da ti argumentujem i dokažem kad vidi tu tvoju impozantnu kolekciju kokardi ÄetniÄkih poÅ¡to vidim da si glavni komentator

Greetings draza from Kipar,

Not everyone speaks Serbian, you should write in English so all can see what kind of language you use.

Next time read my posts more carefully perhaps then you won't have digestion problems. I wrote I suspect the badge is fake. Based on your reply I can see that such a big expert as yourself is also not sure if it's original or not. That makes me, an amateur in this filed, even more sceptical. Also I never wrote that there's something wrong with the crossed bones and the fact that the badge is without producer's inscription on the back, I just asked if that's OK. Based on the fact that these are scarce it makes me a bit suspicious to see couple of them appearing almost at the same time...

Once before you wrote that badges everyone else considers fakes are OK, based on that and your tone in previous reply I suppose you could be one of the sellers.

It might be interesting to mention that in the meantime ad for the badge with purple background disappeared...

This would be my last reply to you unless you change your tone and start speaking in more civilized manner.

Ti piÅ¡eÅ¡ na engleskom komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ srpske oznake ja sam ti lepo reko ono Å¡to ti komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ o izgledu kosti i o poleÄ‘ini o projizvoÄ‘aÄu o originalnosti ne komentariÅ¡em i ne komentariÅ¡em tuÄ‘e stvari a reko sam ti da mogu da ti to i dokažem svojim oznakama .ja samo hoću da vidim tvoje oznake poÅ¡to stalno komentariÅ¡eÅ¡ tuÄ‘e a to je nekulturno i  dalje neću da kometariÅ¡em jer mi google prevodilac ne prevodi baÅ¡ najbolje pa da ti nekažem neÅ¡to a da sam krivo protumaÄio pre toga .Kokarda nije moja ako si to hteo da kažeÅ¡ ili pitaÅ¡ neznam odakle je nestala i ovo je drugi put da ti piÅ¡em i ako hoćeÅ¡ da mi odgovoriÅ¡ uradi to na SRPSKOM jeziku

I joÅ¡ neÅ¡to Pajo ako neÅ¡to neznaÅ¡ ili nisi siguran pitaj Å¡ajkaÄu on ima znanja i može da ti pomogne Äovek je napisao dosta knjiga pa možeÅ¡ da pitaÅ¡ struÄno lice kao Å¡to je on bez ljutnje ja bih te zamolio da mi slikaÅ¡ svoje oznake" AKO IMAÅ  "razuverime ja ću povući sve svoje reÄi o tebi za tvoju struÄnost vezanu za oznake ako to neuradiÅ¡ nemoj da sereÅ¡ viÅ¡e

Izvini morao sam još jednom da ti se obratim na ovo što si napisao ,vidim da srpski govoriš ja sam ti napisao da mi odgovoriš na srpskom jer moram da prevedem to što ti napišeš .Pošto govoriš civilizaciono onda je to na jeziku kojim govorim ,toliko nemam ništa protiv tebe još jednom ću te zamoliti da postaviš slike tvoje kolekcije da vidimo svi sa �ime raspolažeš jer samo tako možeš u buduće da onda nama ovde držiš predavanje

Drazo

Just wondering why you are taking Pajas coments so personal? What do you have to lose? In every one of Pajas comments he claims not to be an expert on chetnik items, states his opinion and asks what do others think. Whats wrong with that? If you Draza are a true collector as you claim to be you would welcome Pajas and everybodys comments as he to me just wants to find the truth. What sucks for some people is the truth hurts. The way to derive to the truth is by having people comment on what they see and not by personaly attacking the person thats asking questions. Drazo if your feelings got hurt stay away from gmic, because my friend seems like reading the TRUTH makes you and your comments look irrational. Dont atack the mesinger just because you don't like the mesage.Last but not least if you need this transelated try some members on gmic, a lot of them are extremely inteligent and knowledgeable.

Pozdrav Vladane ocito se nismo razumeli ali da ne polemisemo vise zelim vam puno uspeha u daljem komentaridanju na forumu ponovicu i tebi jedina osoba sa znanjem i iskustvom je sajkaca a sto se tice istine da mene pogadja mene vise pogadja kako ljudi pricaju bez nekog poznavanja nekih stvari

Sve najbolje ja sam imao iskrenu nameru a vi shvatite to kako god hocete

Hello gents,

Some of you have already seen these items, one or more of the red m39 badges might have replaced cloth, please feel free to comment.

Serbman, the squiggly lines I'm talking about are to the left of the word "ravna"

That is one great collection man..what's the story with the shooter? Is it a period item?

• 2 weeks later...

This seller from Sweden has sold in the past also copies from other countries, we keep the name maro.eli as one to avoid for serious purchases.

Medal is on purpose "dusty" to confuse the buyers and hide the fine details that cannot be hidden when it comes to a copy-strike.

Bubbles present, bad finish on the ring.

Pozdrav Vladane ocito se nismo razumeli ali da ne polemisemo vise zelim vam puno uspeha u daljem komentaridanju na forumu ponovicu i tebi jedina osoba sa znanjem i iskustvom je sajkaca a sto se tice istine da mene pogadja mene vise pogadja kako ljudi pricaju bez nekog poznavanja nekih stvari

Sve najbolje ja sam imao iskrenu nameru a vi shvatite to kako god hocete

Dear Draza,

welcome in this forum, please concentrate to the positive things that this forum can offer, nobody deserves to be attacked, even if he present his own opinion for a badge or an item.

This is not the way we behave among members here, I am staying with the hope you start your membership to learn and contribute here in the near future, this is after all the Gentlemen's Military forum and hope it will stay like this as the name states.

All the best for you and hope we will see you here more often, discussing other items this time

• 2 weeks later...

DRAZA    -   please note that all posts on this Forum are to be in English.   Other posts will be deleted.    Our attention has

been drawn to your hostile posts.   Please keep to the politeness of GMIC  -  further breaches will lead to suspension

Over the time this topic became more about various royal era fakes than about chetnik items as originally intended.

Because of that I hope no one minds when I post items from that era that are not related to chetniks.

I just noticed this scarce medal on ebay which to me personally looks suspicious. 

Have a look and tell me what you think.

01.thumb.jpg.1a37e79bafec625a27b15d1d01802.thumb.jpg.230515b087d698bf4b327deced0

• 4 weeks later...

OUCH no OOOOUCH,, Could be real I guess???  but for 800 of my $$ I would give it this rating

From the front I'd give it 4 out of 10

From the back it's a 1 at best.  

Serbman , thank you for sharing pictures of your badges. I have seen only two others that I know for a fact are real making a total of four. All four are very different and yet have a lot in common when compared to let's say this badge.

• 1 month later...

A couple photos of original chetnik badges(cocards)...The first four photos of "standard" Chetnik hat badge from the "Chetnik Assosiation" headed by Duke Kosta Pecanac before the WW2.Second, much rarer, model is a war production made in Dinaric Chetnik Division area of operation during the WW2.It was made by a blind! man who survived the WW2 but did not survive the croatian "storm" in 1995...

Неколико слика оригинал четничких кокарди...Прве четири слике су од "стандардне" кокарде за капу чланова и симпатизера "Четничког Удружења" које је водио Војвода Коста Пећанац пре другог рата.Задње две слике су од много ређе "Динарске" кокарде коју је од пушчаних чаура у току другог светског рата у Далмацији правио слеп! човек који је преживео други рат, али је нестао у "олуји" 1995...

1.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

P1010196.JPG

P1010198.JPG