News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Original Chetnik items

• 2 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...

Thanks for the reply! 

That was my feeling, too, judging by the looks of it - material, details, construction, and the screw on the reverse, but I am by no means experienced in this field. I 'll pass then! 

Regards, 

Giorgos 

• 2 months later...

Greetings,

I am wondering if this kokarda is authentic. A priest gave it to my grandfather in the 1980s, so it cannot be a 90s replica. It is gold plated however I am not sure what metal the core is made of. The kokarda looks very similar to one that was posted on this topic a while back (http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_01_2012/post-13201-0-66063600-1327798116.jpg) with the only significant difference being the shield which on this one has 4 fire steels and the other one has a full Yugoslav CoA.

Cheers.

kok1.jpgkok2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I am planning on going to Serbia and especially Beograd in July this summer. Of course I will visit the Military Museum, but I would like to know if there is any good militaria or numismatic dealers in Beogad ? And what about the flea markets ?

Thanks for your advice

Bill (from Paris)

• 7 months later...

Hi, I found this badge and award letter amongst family possessions in the attic recently. I posted a thread asking what it is and got a very kind reply saying it was a Chetnik badge. It was given to my relative, a British Army Officer in Italy (see letter). Any idea of value and why would it be given to  a British Army Officer)

9881A0F3-FCEF-4960-B2D5-2F164DC60B26.jpeg

E5E4E824-7F48-4274-9090-22DEDF530C57.jpeg

Edited by barnsley

• 1 month later...

I need info about this cap. I've found info about similar cap that it is 1908 chetnik cap. It was found near Skradin, Croatia and the family it comes from had strong links with Serbian Sokol organisation. 

I will post better photos when I get it. 

20230322_192324.jpg

20230322_192329.jpg