News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Welsh Fusiliers...

German was NEVER going to be the official language of the United States. That's a silly urban legend! There was simply discussion to have a bunch of copies of US laws printed up in German. The discussion was adjourned, for some odd reason, and the matter was never brought up again.

As English was never made the official language, it would seem silly for us to make it German!

The Congressional Record of 2 March 1928, reports Senate joint resolution No. 41, wherein Congress recognized the title "War Between the States" as the proper name for the war commonly, but mistakenly, referred to as the "Civil War".

My first thought when I saw this thread was that the 23rd had been in Canada. As Mr. Johnson has noted, the 23rd were in Canada prior to the Crimean War. It is obvious that they were withdrawn, needed by the British empire to meet the threat in Asia and on the Subcontinent. But, did they return during the 1860's? I can't find anything on it...

~TS