News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Artilery major-lot

Here is a small set of medals which was given to me by a close family friends, It belonged to their father who was in the Partisans since 1943. and retired in 1963. All the award documents are still in their possesion and preserved but the family understandably did not want to give them away for now, but in the future who knows :rolleyes:

Hope you like it.

img6806sg9.th.jpg

img6813vj1.th.jpgthpix.gif

img6805jx6.th.jpgthpix.gif

img6808lw2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by Jakov

very cool. Any chance you can get xeroxes?

Yes, it is hard to say if I will get the award documents in some years to come, but I'll keep my eye on them and they will most certainly rejoin the medals themselves. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get all the boxes, but if they are still out there somewhere and are found they too will come.

Cheers Ulsterman :cheers:

Jakov,

I am not shure that a whole lot belonged to the same person.

There are two orders of the same rank (Order for military merit III cl. - with silver swords).

I can assure you Sa?a that it is from the same man because it all came from the same family and only this man was in the army from that family. But, this is not strange because one model is earlier from 1950's and other is late from 1960's while he was still in active duty. One is with 5 torches and other is with 6 torches. I see no problem with that.If they could have 2 models, early war Russian and late Yugoslav and wore them together on the uniform, of Bravery order and medal, why is this unsure. Unfortunately I could not show you the docs because the family does not want to give the name to public for now, but I saw them.

Sa?aYu I asked he family members today and they said with 100% certaintly, because they remember the time he got it, that both Orders for Military Merit 3rd Class are from the same person. He received the first model during 1950's and the other newer with 6 torches in after 1963. because he was entitled to this new model too. He was said that he should only wear this with 6 torches but did not have to return the 5 torches type. This for me solves the problem of these two orders :cheers: