News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Crown Order 4th class, with red cross

Hello Gentlemens !

A friend has found this order (and want to sell it to me...) : what do you think about ?

I don't know if there is hallmark, and for the moment, I have only 2 photos.

I have asked for some new photos and for the hallmark.

What is your first impression ?

Thank you for help !

:cheers:

Edited by pinpon590

Hello:

The cross looks genuine. It is impossible to tell regarding the "Geneva Cross" without high-resolution photos however.

"SPM"

Hello !

I will have more photos of the "genfer Kreuz" tomorrow or saturday...

The case is the best part of it!

The case is for a Bavarian MVO circa 1866-1880's? It is by Adam Hausinger. The case is probably worth more than the badge.

Best regards,

"SPM"

...and more photos of the case.

But you say that the case is for a bavarian MVO, do you think it's not the good case for this order ? (or maybe I don't have understand what you want to say, excuse my poor english...)

It seems to have a mark on the side of the medallion, but just a "shallow round", not a jeweller's mark. He will try do do again a photo...

Thanks for help me !

Bonjour de nouveau Pinpon 590:

Oui, ce cas est pour MVO bavarois. Le cas pour l'Ordre de Couronne prussien est beaucoup diff?rent. Ce cas bavarois est assez rare!

Salutations distingu?es,

"SPM"

Hello !

I will have more photos of the "genfer Kreuz" tomorrow or saturday...

...and more photos of the case.

But you say that the case is for a bavarian MVO, do you think it's not the good case for this order ? (or maybe I don't have understand what you want to say, excuse my poor english...)

It seems to have a mark on the side of the medallion, but just a "shallow round", not a jeweller's mark. He will try do do again a photo...

Thanks for help me !

Hello pinpon590:

The original case is black and rectagular with a flat top. On the outside of the lid is the crowned cipher "WR" (Wilhelm Rex) in gold blocking.

Here is a link to a photo on a commercial website which shows such a case:

http://www.derrittmeister.com/productpages/05987.htm

The case is very easy to find as it is the same as all of the other 3rd and 4th class Prussian Crown Order cases.

The Bavarian case is rather scarce, so if you buy the piece and don't want the case, please let me know as I may be interested.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Another question !

What is the good box ? Do you have any pictures ?

Guest Rick Research

From the late Eric Ludvigsen's statistical study of Prussian Orders:

Crown Order 4 with Red Cross: 1,783 (1,649 in 1872, 127 in 1873, and the final 7 in 1874)

Crown Order 3 with Red Cross: 396 (381 in 1872, 13 in 1873, 1 in 1874 and a final stray in 1881)

Hello pinpon590,

the round circle on the side of the medaillon is no makers or hall mark. It is a screw-pin that goes diagonaly from one side to the other and with this pin the medaillon is fixed to the cross. You see the screw on the pic below next to the sword.

When the medaillons were fixed the longer screwpin was cut and polished down to the surface of the medaillon-corpus.

The red cross should be silver, not silver-gilt, am i right ?

Regards

NavalMark

Edited by NavalMark

So gentlemens, I must say this evening if I buy it or not.

I can't have more pictures (no picture of the red cross, they are blurred...)

Your opinion, for the cross (Is it a hight-risk purchase ?) For the box ?

Thank you again for your help !!!

Cheers !

:beer:

I cant say anything about the bavarian case, but for the cross still a very high risk. For what i see from the reverse it is golden and so a fake. So i would only buy it if the seller gives full garanties for 10 days-money-back. If he does not - i would not buy the cross.

They are offered for 500-600 Euro by different sellers, and if the red cross is a fake, it is worth less than 200,- Euro.

So it depends on the price and the value of the case .....

Regards

CSForrester