Here is my latest bird to fly in , nice half size/Prinzen Flieger-Erinnerungsabzeichen by Paul Maybauer, silvered bronze. Not marked but clearly by this maker. Most of the silvering is worn/polished away leaving a dark bronze patina . The detail is stunning, almost better than a full size example. Ferg1.

002-8.jpg

004-7.jpg

Here is my latest bird to fly in , nice half size/Prinzen Flieger-Erinnerungsabzeichen by Paul Maybauer, silvered bronze. Not marked but clearly by this maker. Most of the silvering is worn/polished away leaving a dark bronze patina . The detail is stunning, almost better than a full size example. Ferg1.

002-8.jpg

004-7.jpg

Vary nice badge. I also would buy this one. Vary nice to see a cut out crown.

Regards Alex

On the subject of dodgy Maybauers there are some dubious ones doing the rounds at the moment,I have not seen these type of fake before. They look either cast or formed . So far I have seen marine badges only but they are all of the same ' texture ' and carry a duff Maybauer mark. I have seen one on a dealer site and several on Eb*y supposedly coming out of a big collection but with cheap 'buy it now' prices..... Stay away !!!! Ferg1.