Turkish War Medal and EK2

TerryG

Which Ratzeburg?

Are those imperial navy buttons? The only one that shows clearly has your name slapped across it.

The campaign bar on his TWM ribbon over :speechless1: his EK2, if can be enlarged clearly, will provide some clues.

Too bad whatever the shoulder boards are are "off camera"--

navy buttons, army Wound Badge...

no name?

That style of facial fur was common with naval engineers and such technical types.

• 3 months later...

This is the best I can do....

Hello,

I think it is Iraq.

Please see the picture from Mr. Er?reten's ottoman medals and Orders page 253.

They are:

1.Gallipoli 2. Liyakat medal 1332 3.Suez Channel (Sinai)

4.Iraq 5.Caucausus 6.Siege of Kut (was a major battle of WWI,now Iraq)

Best wishes

demir

Edited by demir

Which Ratzeburg?

Are those imperial navy buttons? The only one that shows clearly has your name slapped across it.

The campaign bar on his TWM ribbon over :speechless1: his EK2, if can be enlarged clearly, will provide some clues.

no name?

That style of facial fur was common with naval engineers and such technical types.

Gentlemen,

Why do you think it is TWM ribbon. This is a black and white photo, it could be easily Iron Cross ribbon, instead of red it might easily be black interior with with borders.

And if it is Iraq bar (I am sure not Gallipoli/Canakkale) the ribbon is not TWM ribbon. Am I right? :rolleyes:

all the best

demir

Which Ratzeburg?

no name?

Gentlemen,

Why do you think it is TWM ribbon. This is a black and white photo, it could be easily Iron Cross ribbon, instead of red it might easily be black interior with with white borders.

And if it is Iraq bar (I am sure not Gallipoli/Canakkale) the ribbon is not TWM ribbon. Am I right? :rolleyes:

all the best

demir

Edited by demir