News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Great, Greg! I see you finally took the plunge! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Yea--I've wanted one of these for years.

There is nothing really noteworthy about this one except for the great detail in the front plate. That's what sold me on it and the price wasn't too bad.

Stephen,

The original liner is still there however it is in VERY fragile condition. A couple of the ears

are ripped. No draw string ect. The original leather wedges for the wappen are missing.

The only marking is a 25? on the rear visor. It could be just a 25 or it could be part of a

252. 253, 259. Any help with this would be great.

Edited by gregM

Greg I put an idea/answer on the pickelhaube forum. seems to me it is consistent with the Rheinisch infantry regiments of IX Army Corps. Therefore I would vote that it is JR 25. 25R

Thanks for the additional info. and thank you for your help on the Pick-forum.

This has been a great learning experience and a lot of fun.

Greg I put an idea/answer on the pickelhaube forum. seems to me it is consistent with the Rheinisch infantry regiments of IX Army Corps. Therefore I would vote that it is JR 25. 25R

Hi,

25R

You are surely right !

Stephan

• 2 weeks later...

Joel,

Thanks. Mine is really in just above average condition. They can be found at fairly reasonable prices.

It just takes a liitle patiance to find one that has'nt been messed with.

Chris,

Wouldn't that be "25th" reserve regiment?

It just takes a liitle patiance to find one that has'nt been messed with.

I agree! The hunt continues.. Someday, It will come.. Someday.. I have visions that I'll get a call from someone that just pulled one out of an undisturbed Doughboy's footlocker that needs a loving home..

Regards,

Joel