News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OK Guys, any post after this that is not about fakes and sellers will be deleted.

we dont want 20 pages of recriminations and hurt feelings.

Best

Chris

If my comments do not fit your parameters, please feel free to delete it. I understand.

I have had it with this business! I have been collecting Imperial German orders and decorations for over thirty-five years and still can't tell a Hessen-Kassel Order of the Golden Lion knight’s cross from a Hessek-Kassel Wilhelm’s Order knight’s cross. Going by the OEK, there are over 2,500 diffferent Imperial German different orders and decorations; and nobody knows everything that there is to know about each one of them.

When I started collecting, I made some mistakes. In the ensuing years I have made others. For a number of years,in my ignorance, I innocently enjoyed picking up a medal or two at local gun shows; and then one day, a dealer told me about OMSA. I tracked it down, joined and found out that throughout the world there is a small community of very diverse and otherwise normal people who collect these things. It opened the door to the world wide medal collecting community, or at least a good part of it.

It was, in great part, a result of the kindness, patience and sharing of knowledge by many of the great collectors, and dealers of that time that I was encouraged to follow this passion. I'm sure that many of my questions strained their patience. We all make mistakes; but if you don’t ask, you won’t learn; and, as I see it, one of the most important purposes of GMIC is the exchange of information from which we can all learn.

I would just like to ask for patience and understanding when responding to questions, especially from those who are just getting started. I aim this mainly ay our senior and more knowledgable members; and by that I don’t necessarily mean those who having been collecting the longest. There are still many people out there, both beginners and who have been collecting for a long time, who are out of the loop and do not know about the wealth of knowledge available to them from sources such as GMIC, WAF and OMSA.

Patience, Gentlemen, patience. We’ve all been there.

Thank you,

Wild Card

Sorry, I don´t know how to download pictures from that eBay frame, (but I would like to learn it).

To clear your question, there is only one cross, photographed from two distances, once with side light, then with flash. I was fooled from those first two photos taken from bigger distance, that it is some fancy prinzen. Just when I browsed those closeups, it is clearly certain Ninth Bead Fake with thin W and over and under 8. First I also thought there are two crosses offered, but seller clearly speaks "Sie bieten hier auf ein Eisernes Kreuz II Klasse 1870"

Then compare some details (for example the casting bubble under the reverse crown) and you will find them on both crosses.

If the seller had left only first two pictures, he would fool me for sure.

Regards.

• 1 month later...

Is this "sammler-arsenal " connected to raritetensammlerclub in some way ?

And I just realized when reading this old thread that I must have been offended Troy in some way :unsure: I had never said a bad word about Troy , the only person I , in a moment of´bad judgement called moron was our "raritetensammlerclub" which I honest really think destroy our hobby..

So please forgive me Troy if you thought it was you I meant . The End

Ps , I do like your beer ;)

Christer

Hi Christer!

Jag verkligen inte styra mina kommentarer på dig mate. De skulle vara inriktade på garfordhouse :(Jag respekterar alltid min äldste! Även om det bara är genom två år :) I hope this makes sense!

Edited by Troy Tempest

Hello redeagleorder,

I cannot offer any advice with regard to the Southwest Africa medal or it’s bars; but I will say that, in my opinion, absent any markings that might prove otherwise, the Military Merit Cross is a copy.

Regards,

Wild Card

Hi all,

The bar in question is currently on ebay, and the thing that first made me suspcious was the fact that it only has a 333 euro starting price, and that no one has bid on it. However, you never know. Thanks for your opinions.

Regards,

Matthew

Edited by redeagleorder

A real MVK from SWA era (with about a hand full awarded) should be real gold. Save about 10,000 bucks if one comes to the market. :unsure:

This one is gilt brass and a so called collectors copy by Göde. I'm not sure about the clasps. The SWA medal seems to be fine.