News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo Gentlemen !

What do you think about this ribbon bar from a Saschener who has been in the finnish civil war.

It said to be a police bar. Is it a possible combination ? I am curios about the two Saschen medals after? the HEK is that normal or just stupid?

Thanks in advance and regards from Sweden

Christer

Guest Rick Research

The condition is so bad it almost does not matter--- yuck!!!!!

SIX WW1 decorations 1914-18 for an NCO? .... :rolleyes:

You are right, the Weimar Gen Dec X is in the wrong place after the Hindenburg Cross but...

it is difficult to say--since the condition looks like it was exhumed from a grave-- whether this is a really strange but original (ugly) bar or one which a Frankenstein maker REALLY over-did the "aging" on.

I don't like it for both the awful condition and the unlikely combination which has been incorrectly mounted... which does not mean that it might not be real.... but bizarre.

;)

Thanks Rick, I think I will pass on this, on top of everything its a lot of $$$$ for something thats looks really strange.

The rather few Germans in Finland 1918 left a whole lot of ribbonbars to the world :rolleyes:

Regards from Sweden

Christer

I would buy it and research it.

It is very unusual for a WW1 NCO to get more than 3 state ribbons (inc. the EK2), but it did happen and some state combination s are almost unheard of (like a Bav. MVK with anything else besides an EK2 and one of the Hansa ribbons).