News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've found this small EK II, MVK III Kl. medal bar on the local fleamarket for less money . It came with a Luitpold medal as an extra. The last medal is missing from the bar. It looks like a Wuerttemberg long service medal. Since most stuff on the table was from Wuerttemberg i believe it is the one missing.

First question,

would this have been possible ? Maybe it's not a bavarian, but a Wuerttemberg soldiers bar who got the bavarian MVK.

Second question,

what dou you think would be the approbiate long service medal for this bar. 9 years, 12 or 15 or the Landwehr one ?

What do you think about it ?

Regards,

Stephan

medalbargs8.jpg

if a bavarian he would have mounted his bavarian awards 1st! so must be a wurtemburg LS ! or could it be a Oldenburg FA cross on non combat ribbon ??? just to confuse you more !!!

Thanks, but i think we can eliminate the Oldenburg FA cross.

Stephan

Guest Rick Research

Very odd and extremely mysterious. I cannot explain this.

I also cannot explain THIS:

Yup. An Unteroffizier in BADEN GR 110 before the war... with a W?RTTEMBERG long service brooch pre-1913.

No explanation-- only that (somehow) it apparently happened.

• 2 weeks later...