Boris

Campaign medals drawings - Argonnen and Champagne

Hello

Its are draws take from photos:

http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=31833

by example.

Could be some mistake, or wrong interpretation or be bad technically. It is a hobby and I like to show it as other people shows his photos. :)

If somebody detect some mistake as whith the Red Eagle Order... i appreciate very much the opinion.

Thats all

Fantasy, right???

Just so no one gets confused.

These are real, yet unofficial commemorative medals. They were worn on the medal bars until 1934, when the HK replaced them all.

four in total:

champagne, argonne, verdun, and somme.

some of my favorite veteran campaign commemoratives!

nice job, boris!

joe

four in total:

champagne, argonne, verdun, and somme.

some of my favorite veteran campaign commemoratives!

nice job, boris!

joe

Thanks Joe and Scott.

I agree. Those crosses have something that is special. Shape, colours, size are chosen very rigthly.

Wow!

Beautiful!

You know-ideal for identification but not enough detail to allow cyberfakers to duplicate a piece.

Hmmmmmm........

They are indeed beautiful pieces. What is the greatest number seen on one bar before? It is not possible for anyone to have received all four, is it?

Wow!

Beautiful!

You know-ideal for identification but not enough detail to allow cyberfakers to duplicate a piece.

Hmmmmmm........

Sorry, but... what is a cyberfaker and what is his roll in this medal-world?

A realworldfaker of medals have a raison as less, but a cyber...

"They are indeed beautiful pieces. What is the greatest number seen on one bar before? It is not possible for anyone to have received all four, is it?"

I have not see any group with four. If a unit was in all this campaigns, all the veteran could wear the medals... I don't know if it happened. Anyway I think is difficult enough.

Edited by Boris

A detail. If you look at the last post of russian forum, the list of campaing crosses are five:

Somme, Argonne, Verd?n and Champagne... and Ostfronkreuz. There are then five. Maybe it is the green one.

Edited by Boris

A "cyberfaker" is one who uses the internet to glean manufacturing techniques so as to improve his wares. Given the openess of most information, there isn't much out there they can't glean.

One thing I have noticed however, is the Maybauer mark showing up on a surprising number of disparate pieces coming from Poland over the past 12 years. That's another story though.

Great pictures.

There are bars out there with 4 of these on them. See here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1954...erdun+cross+bar

Have you seen Mike Dunn's documents from November, 1933? If they are sequential (and not annually numbered) then there were a LOT fewer of these issued than most people suppose.

Edited by Ulsterman

A "cyberfaker" is one who uses the internet to glean manufacturing techniques so as to improve his wares. Given the openess of most information, there isn't much out there they can't glean.

One thing I have noticed however, is the Maybauer mark showing up on a surprising number of disparate pieces coming from Poland over the past 12 years. That's another story though.

Grat pictures.

There are bars out there with 4 of these on them. See here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1954...erdun+cross+bar

Have you seen Mike Dunn's documents from November, 1933? If they are sequential (and not annually numbered) then there were a LOT fewer of these issued than most people suppose.

Hello

You have oppened a world I didn't know at all :wacky: I wonder how the fakers d'ont buy one original piece and then have all details they need to make it ?perfect?. I supossed their objetives are high-middle price decorations and not too numerous batchs. To find a good craftsman nowadays is not easy and much more for few money. To get a acceptable fire-enameled campaing-cross need to have a lot experience in this speciality. The same for hand-engravers and embossers, the certificates... Then have to be melting pieces units mainly. And finally, where they can sell its?. Only an expert could really knows what is good and bad. Maybe in east-europe you can still find low-cost manefactures. I'm daydreaming enough for today. :rolleyes:

Sorry for my spanglish, in the thread you linked I understand that in the 20' a soldier (private) in Germany could get any conmemorative medal or cross he wants to, really interesting. I had not heared about Mike Dunn's documents, I was having a look in internetbut I didn`t find too much.

Regards

The documents are on the second page. I have four medal documents given to the same soldier and they are in numerial order. In talking with others, most likely these medals were private purchase items and not awarded. That could explain why he had all four medals and documents. Rick Reseach might have more on this. They are one of the nicest looking veteran medals and the award doc's are not far behind them. Mike

Here are some I used to have but sold on a year or so ago.

Tony

Very good Photos... Tony.

This is from Somme campaing:

Boris,

is it Adobe Illustrator you're using?

Hello Razputin.

No, it is not the illustrator. I don?t like it at all. I use to work with free-hand + fireworks + photoshop, depending the kind of draw. Sometimes inkscape too. Anyway I'm not professional as you can see, this is an speciallity with not too much future :).

Regards

"Anyway I'm not professional"

You should be-- you have amazing talent! :cheers:

Thanks Rick :cheers:

But there is a problem with professionals, they have to make thinks other people want... As "amateur" you can make things you enjoy to make. :D .

Regards

Edited by Boris

And

Hello Tony,

I just viewed this post. I recognized these pieces because you sold them to me! God bless you.

Jay

I would like to take this resurection to show some half-draws of decorations from this period.

From war veterans associations:

-Prussian Commemorative 1914-1918 war

Preußisches Krieg-Erinnerungs-Kreuz 1914_1918

In the center (obverse) you can read:

"Brave prussians soldiers"

-Honor knight Cross with Swords (Prussian)

Preussens Tapferen Kriegern

- Honor Cross from the Bavarian Federal Association of Veterans from First War World

Ehrenkreuz des Bayerischen Reichsbundes der Weltkriegsteilnehmer