Artillerie Leutnant from Mecklenburg ?

Looks like a Lt/Lt dR in Holstein FAR 24 :cheers: from what I can see...

"Mainweiler" sounds like a town rather than his name, but I don't find such a place in my German zip code directory. Maybe a place in Alsace/Lorraine?

He was not a Strelitzer--

3rd Battery of FAR 24 was Pure Strelitz and from the numbers awarded, seems like every single native got the "MStMV2" in that company! The award rolls even refer to 3./ FAR 24 as the Strelitz battery.

Seeheld and Daniel are working on the Schwerin rolls, so if his name WAS "Mainweiler" they'll turn him up. I only have/did Strelitz.

Looks like a Lt/Lt dR in Holstein FAR 24 :cheers: from what I can see...

"Mainweiler" sounds like a town rather than his name, but I don't find such a place in my German zip code directory. Maybe a place in Alsace/Lorraine?

He was not a Strelitzer--

3rd Battery of FAR 24 was Pure Strelitz and from the numbers awarded, seems like every single native got the "MStMV2" in that company! The award rolls even refer to 3./ FAR 24 as the Strelitz battery.

Seeheld and Daniel are working on the Schwerin rolls, so if his name WAS "Mainweiler" they'll turn him up. I only have/did Strelitz.

Thanks Rick,

I was thinking FAR24 as well - can not find anyone by the name Mainweiler anywhere in Germany, perhaps it is a writing mistake and it means Mainzweiler in the Saarland.