News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Don,

A very unusual medal bar to say the least. I can't ever remember seeing an example with two 1914-1918 Crosses of Honor being worn. Since the Baden Silver Merit Medal is suspended from the ribbon of the MKFVO, I'm surprised that the first Honor Cross is without swords.

Although it is very unusual, I suppose the combination is possible for a "homemade" bar that was assembled in the mid-30s. It must have belonged to a living WWI veteran, who also had a son that was killed in WWI.

Here is a three-place Baden bar with a very similar "homemade" appearance. The backplate is a vaulted piece of brass and the attachment pin is of the "tinnie" type.

Best regards,

Tom

A very unusual medal bar to say the least. I can't ever remember seeing an example with two 1914-1918 Crosses of Honor being worn.

Once I had a stickpin with an EK, HKX and one f?r Eltern, but let it go :banger: Not a common combination, but they can be found.

Edited by Tom Y

It was not expensive and I think it speaks volumes.

Actually it was (at least for me), but though I have no problems with the bar. The combination does make sense for an elderly EM who fought in 2nd line and lost his son - but it was banned to wear both, any of those who could have get both had to decide for one! Still, there's much stuff around that "should not be" but is - fine. I like it.