News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KM Uniforms: Tropical, Whites, and Greens

• Replies 73
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nesredep,

Thanks for your comments.

There are no markings on the white mess dress jacket and vest.

The green uniform has two sets of markings on it. The markings are under the flap that covers the retaining rings for the buttons. Here is the first marking. It reads:

SCHL?SSERSCH---UMWOLL

SPINNEREI u WEBEREI AKI. GES.

In OZORROW

GEGR. 1607

My loose translation is that the top line refers to the type of cotton material used on the tunic. There is a hole for one of the buttons, but the missing letters are probably "BA" - BAUMWOLL = cotton

The second line states "spinning mill" and "weaving mill". perhaps OZORROW is the city where the mill was located.

Here's the image

Nesredep,

Thanks for your comments.

There are no markings on the white mess dress jacket and vest.

The green uniform has two sets of markings on it. The markings are under the flap that covers the retaining rings for the buttons. Here is the first marking. It reads:

SCHL?SSERSCH---UMWOLL

SPINNEREI u WEBEREI AKI. GES.

In OZORROW

GEGR. 1607

My loose translation is that the top line refers to the type of cotton material used on the tunic. There is a hole for one of the buttons, but the missing letters are probably "BA" - BAUMWOLL = cotton

The second line states "spinning mill" and "weaving mill". perhaps OZORROW is the city where the mill was located.

Here's the image

Hello!

Erik

Nice to see this Marker,never seen this before.I have seen ca 1000 Marker labels before.Thanks for posting . :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

Really fantastic pieces! My most sincere compliments!

I would like to set a question to Nesredep: which are the particular ones that help me to distinguish a white jacket as yours from one of after the war?

a lot of people have reported me that are practically identical...

MP38,

While we wait for Nesredep I'd like to make a comment about the post war white tunics. You are correct that they are virtually identical. The post war tunics are probably more rare than the war time white tunics. Since most Kreigsmarine white tunics I have seen don't have markings inside it would be almost impossible to tell them apart. I own a couple of white Kreigsmarine tunics but I can not post pictures of them as they are in storage while I am living in Europe for a few years. I have posted a picture from one of my reference books of a post war Bundesmarine officer in his white uniform.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...