News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for an Post WWII Austrian Ribbon or suggestions for one

Gebts,

I have an Austrian tunic from the mid 60s with three medal loops on the left breast. I have hunted everywhere on the internet for pictures of Austrian Second Republic ribbons or medals in wear without any success. Becaus the uniform belonged to an office of Captain equivalency I am assuming one of the medals I would put on the tunic would be a long service one but I am stuck for the other two. Perhaps a U.N. medals as well as a long service one? Any one have a small ribbon bar they could post a picture of to assist me?

Regards,

Gordon

Viribus Unitis,

Thanks for your response. Sorry but you must have missed the place in my post where I said it was from the 60s. The date I have put down for the tunic is just a guess on my part from pictures I have seen in my few Austrian post was reference books. Not much information out there that I can find. I've attached a couple of pictures. It would appear to have thread loops for a ribbon bar as well as for medals. Hopefully, the next time I am in Vienna (I live in Budapest and will be in Vienna early in January) I can get a ribbon bar and medals for this tunic although the stores I visit there have high prices. Perhaps I could do better via the internet? If you could give me approximate prices I should pay for the medals you will suggest I would appreciate it. Perhaps you can tell me more about the tunic? Looking forward to your suggested combinations.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Viribus Unitis,

Thanks very much for taking the time to prepare these possible ribbon combinations for me. A great help.

Perhaps you would be able to suggest some books that I could buy to become more familiar with uniforms, medals etc of the Austrian Second Republic. I visit a military book store every time I am in Vienna to look for books and there doesn't seem to be much in print on the shelves.

I also have another request for help. I've posted pictures of an Austrian dark green peaked cap below that I have been trying to identify since I bought it earlier this year. Can you tell me what organization wore it?

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig