News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show your immaculate Godet Spangen!

5 hours ago, Eric Stahlhut said:

regarding medal #6 on the thurn bar--it is a romanian  order of merit from the era of the quite controversial king carol the 2nd--probably very rare!

Yes, it is the 1937 created and quite scarce Romanian Honour Cross of Merit 2nd class.

• 2 months later...

Good morning gentlemen,
    After receiving my second Godet barrette, I present it in partnership with the previous one.
    It is curious to see that the Round Gold of the Austrian medal is placed in an inverted way in the second.

img617.jpg

img616.jpg

img614.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    On 07/02/2009 at 13:07, Claudio said:

Very nice and clean bar, Werner! :love::beer:

Here's a Godet's Frackspange:

? Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse, 1914 (OEK 1909), E/S

? Preussen, Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe 1916-21 (OEK 1966)

? Preussen, Rotkreuzmedaille 3. Klasse (OEK 1872)

? Oldenburg, Friedrich-August-Kreuz 2. Klasse am Band für Nichtkämpfer (OEK 1563)

? Lippe-Detmold, Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1914-1918 am Band für Nichtkämpfer (OEK 1190)

? Schaumburg-Lippe, Kreuz 4. Klasse mit Krone, Silber, (OEK 1214), insgesamt nur 11 Verleihungen, im 1. Weltkrieg eine Verleihung!!!

? Hessen-Darmstadt, Orden des Sterns von Brabant, Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse (OEK 856), gem. Nimmergut 13 Verleihungen!

? Lippe-Detmold Orden des Ehrenkreuzes, 4. Klasse mit Strahlenkranz, 2. Modell (OEK 1141)

? Spanien, Orden Isabela la Catolica, Ritterkreuz

? Spanien, Rot-Kreuz-Verdienstorden, Dekoration 2. Klasse

? Japan, Orden der Aufgehenden Sonne, Ordensdekoration der Ritter, 5. Klasse

Mr. Richard Lundström's research (Hofkalender 1917, Seite Nr. 507):

Arthur Kunstmann, Konsul und Reeder, Stettin, born Swinemünde 29 December 1871 received Lippe-Detmold House Order 4th class #651 on 9 November 1918. Kunstmann's Schaumburg-Lippe House Order 4th class with Crown was the ONLY award in that grade made during World War I, he received it on 10 October 1916.

Kunstmann's entry in the 1935 "Wer Ist's?"

He was Dr. phil. h.c. from the University of Greifswald, Ehrensenator of Stettin, and Pr?s. Mitglied d. Verb. Dtsch. Reeder while still Konsul of Japan, Peru, and Spain. His street address was Falkenwalderstr. 36 in Stettin.

post-199-1234008387.jpg

I wanted to share the info on Wikipedia about Kunstmann, also a date of death  (27th of August 1940 in London) to add to his data. I can only hope that he died of old-age and not because of the LW Blitz bombing in London in 1940.

Cheers,

C

Edited by Claudio

• 3 months later...
    47 minutes ago, VtwinVince said:

Very unusual combo with the Honig-Baer.

yes Vince, i thought the same. It must have been a Prussian mid level officer in WW1 (captain/major) with some connections with the Anhalt IR93 https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhaltisches_Infanterie- Regiment_Nr._93, who probably died before 1934-35 and began his military career at least not later than 1897 (Centenar Med + Pr LS 25), before being able to mount his FEK on his bar.

C

• 5 weeks later...

If you're satisfied with this piece, then that's all that matters, of course. I find it a completely unbelievable item, as the combination is considered all but non-existent, and the manner of construction of this bar is clearly not up to usual Godet standards. Have a close look at the reverse.

I always thought that you could receive only one EK2 per war. Seeing two in a set seems strange. Only the ribbon is different. 

Well it happened also with MVK's.

Can somebody shine a light on double EK2 awards in WW1. 

Regards

Herman  

13 hours ago, Herman said:

I always thought that you could receive only one EK2 per war. Seeing two in a set seems strange. Only the ribbon is different. 

Well it happened also with MVK's.

Can somebody shine a light on double EK2 awards in WW1. 

Regards

Herman  

Simius Rex gave explanation yesterday Few listings above