News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavia ribbon bars

Noor

Hello,

Can someone please post up some examples and explain a little or can provide some link from where is possible to learn about the Jugoslavian ribbon bars. Especially I would be interested to know what type of plates, pins, etc they used different periods, etc.

Like I know mainly in 60s-70s most of the ribbons was stiched to the uniforms. Single ribbons with the metal pin was awarded as a set with medal or order? Can someone help me please! :cheers:

Here is some of my Yugoslavia ribbon bars...

0889177979bb80_l.jpg

088917816b464d_l.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice bars there, gentlemen! Noor, bar no.4 is turned upside down on the pic.

I also posted two examples in that thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34482

Yugoslav ribbon bars are quite similar to each other, as most of the officers got similar awards during their careers... And in early days there were no ribbon bars, they just wore full decorations or nothing. Vast majority of combined ribbon bars are sewn-on type, the ones with metal pins were given together with an award, but not always. These single bars were used mostly by civilians (or just kept in the box with the decoration), or officers with only one award. Officers with more awards purcased these sewn-in pieces.