News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Serbia - Photographs and postcards of Serbian soldiers

• Replies 75
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
    • 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...

n49p8y.jpg

I was reading "The Knights of Karadjordje Star" by Tomislav Vlahovic when I saw a picture I knew from before.

I saw it first at one serbian auction site, and then here. Anyway the officer on the picture is Radomir F. Elezovic

infantry colonel. Here's the whole text [in Serbian].

Nice photos, this is my favourite

Going through the same book I've found some info on this person:

This is Vladislav P. Kostic [1883-1959] Lieutenant-General [Divizijski Djeneral].

Karadjordje star [iII class] was awarded to him by regent Aleksandar Karadjordjevic personaly.

Picture from the book:

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Hi Andyg,

great picture of general Kostic (1883 - 1595)

In wars 1912 - 1918 he was a company and later batallion commander,

some of his posts afre WWI:

after wa he was Cheaf of military department at State railways; form 1925 to 29 commander of 6th and 43th Infantry regiment,

in 1929 he was a commander of IV. infatry school for non-comssioned officers, from 1934 he was commander of Infantry in Adrian (military) Region,

for some time King's Adjutant., in 1935 he was commander of Sava military district, 1937 - Inspector general of the Infantry; 1940 Commander of the Gendarmery.

POW in April 1941.

promoted to Brigade general in 1930, Division general in 1935. Decorated wit Order of the Star of karageorge with Swords Class IV and Class III.

He was decorated with Order of the Star of Karageorge with words Class III very early, in summer 1914. This was one of highest Serbian military awards, only 118 Serbian officers alltogether was decorated with this order.

What's most interesting, Kostic' Class III order is of Viennese production, made before WWI.

I'm attaching two more picture of general Kostic, as young leftenant-colonel and as a general. His Star of Karageorge was obviously damaged from constant wear, what can be seen from second picture.

Below is his actual award, owned by my friend collector, who got it from Kostic' family.

Edited by bovec1313

Hi Andyg,

great picture of general Kostic (1883 - 1595)

In wars 1912 - 1918 he was a company and later batallion commander,

some of his posts afre WWI:

after wa he was Cheaf of military department at State railways; form 1925 to 29 commander of 6th and 43th Infantry regiment,

in 1929 he was a commander of IV. infatry school for non-comssioned officers, from 1934 he was commander of Infantry in Adrian (military) Region,

for some time King's Adjutant., in 1935 he was commander of Sava military district, 1937 - Inspector general of the Infantry; 1940 Commander of the Gendarmery.

POW in April 1941.

promoted to Brigade general in 1930, Division general in 1935. Decorated wit Order of the Star of karageorge with Swords Class IV and Class III.

He was decorated with Order of the Star of Karageorge with words Class III very early, in summer 1914. This was one of highest Serbian military awards, only 118 Serbian officers alltogether was decorated with this order.

What's most interesting, Kostic' Class III order is of Viennese production, made before WWI.

I'm attaching two more picture of general Kostic, as young leftenant-colonel and as a general. His Star of Karageorge was obviously damaged from constant wear, what can be seen from second picture.

Below is his actual award, owned by my friend collector, who got it from Kostic' family.

• 4 years later...

The aircraft resembles a Hawker, not sure if its a modified Hawker Hind (Gnome Rhome k9 engine Variant) (closest resemblance to the photo atm with my bad vision :(

We received 4, in 1931 and not sure what happened till the start of the war, but I believe some were still operational, I think the best guess will be the uniforms the men are wearing :) for a better time period

Edited by Rogi

Thanks for the info Rogi.

Paul

Glad to help Paul, I just hope I'm right on the aircraft :D if my vision gets a bit clearer in the next couple days I'll double check to make sure, but it sure looks like the Hawker Hind K-9