• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Great thread on collar tabs. I've got a nice reference site on general officer and field marshal insignia with some examples shown at; www.themarshalsbaton.com

I'm looking for pictures of a few ranks that I'm missing, if any Luft collectors out there have examples to share.

Mike

Gary.... DONT DO IT :speechless1:

Thanks for the info Adam. We are trying to figure out the manufactoring process for these tabs. Please do not damage your tabs!!

Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Awesome website!!

Paul,

Thanks so much for your welcome to this forum and your emails. This looks to be a wonderful new place to share information, thoughts and friendships. Much more gentlemanly than the other forums seem to have devolved into.

I hope to be a regular contributor (and knowledge sponge) on here!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You are right... i have not seen such sharp images!

Here are a few new tabs that I have added to my collection. The first is a nice set of Flight pipped ObLt, still bound together.

Hmmmm, Paul has been quietly adding to his collection! Good job.

Why do you state that the flak tabs are late war? because they dont use buckram??

I like the Field div tabs. I have seen the same kind of tabs with a blue waffenfarbe but was told by GP that they were unidentified NSFK.

Gary B

Hmmmm, Paul has been quietly adding to his collection! Good job.

Why do you state that the flak tabs are late war? because they dont use buckram??

I like the Field div tabs. I have seen the same kind of tabs with a blue waffenfarbe but was told by GP that they were unidentified NSFK.

Gary B

Hi Gary,

Thank you for reply!

It was explained to me that the use of cardboard and other stiffner material was a practice used in the latter half of the war. It would make sense!

As far as the FD tabs, I found a set just like them in Vol 2 of Angolia's, "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe". Page 255. The only difference is that the tabs are waffenfarbed for the HG division. Other than the waffenfarbe, the construction, gulls, and piping are identical. What are your thoughts?

Regards

Paul