News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello KDVR,

Just based on the front picture alone, I see no immediate indications that this badge is fake. The detail looks acceptable and the porthole count on the ship is correct. However, without seeing a picture of the reverse, I doubt that anyone will be able to tell you whether or not the badge is original. I would never buy it based on just this one picture.

Best regards,

Tom

Hello KDVR,

However, without seeing a picture of the reverse, I doubt that anyone will be able to tell you whether or not the badge is original. I would never buy it based on just this one picture.

Best regards,

Tom

I have to agree.A picture of the reverse would be really helpful here.

Regards,Martin.

In my opinion that is not a Schwerin badge.Probably a casting from an original.The reverse hardware is incorrect,detail is weak and there appears to be "pitting" on the badge also.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley

Better pictures make such a difference. This badge was definitely cast using an original Schwerin badge as the model. Casting flaws are everywhere on both the front and back. These flaws were not apparent in the angled shot of the front that started this thread. As Martin mentions, the attachment hardware on this badge is nothing like that found on originals. This casting also captured the soldering seepage that was present on the original badge, obscuring part of the maker markings.

Best regards,

Tom