Kev in Deva

SIGNVM MEMORIAE MEDALS

Hello Boris,

the strange ribbon has been wrongly attributed to the medal. Actually, the ribbon looks well post-1918 and with colours resembling those of the Order of the German Eagle.

"AC" is another latin form of the conjunction "ET", similarly with "ATQUE" where "atque" can mean "and also...".

The other medal, with the cyrillic text is the jubilee medal for the members of the Russian Kexholm Guards Regiment, one of the regiments where Franz Josef was "Oberst-Inhaber".

Best wishes,

Enzo

P.S.: ok, some books, when out-of-print can be difficult to obtain, but "Oesterreichs Orden" can be directly ordered at the OeGO, www.ordenskunde.at

Edited by Elmar Lang

Hello Boris,

the strange ribbon has been wrongly attributed to the medal. Actually, the ribbon looks well post-1918 and with colours resembling those of the Order of the German Eagle.

"AC" is another latin form of the conjunction "ET", similarly with "ATQUE" where "atque" can mean "and also...".

The other medal, with the cyrillic text is the jubilee medal for the members of the Russian Kexholm Guards Regiment, one of the regiments where Franz Josef was "Oberst-Inhaber".

Best wishes,

Enzo

P.S.: ok, some books, when out-of-print can be difficult to obtain, but "Oesterreichs Orden" can be directly ordered at the OeGO, www.ordenskunde.at

Hello Elmar

Then i understand that the two latin inscriptions mean the same but in differents ways. My latin is not very good after thirty years. :unsure:

Very good link. And it like is reliable, thank you very much :D . I?m each day more interesting in austro-hungarian world and those books looks very interesting and not too spensive, I'm going to order the one you have advise:

Johann Stolzer, Christian Steeb:

?sterreichs Orden vom Mittelalter bis zur Gegenwart

Graz 1996

ISBN 3-201-01649-7

The problem I have find with old books is that you only can find in book-shops that sometimes are not seriousness. They have the book in catalog, they said "yes" to the order, but never arrives. And then as we say here "?chales un galgo", can't do anything.

Thanks again

Carlos

Hello Kevin in Deva, if you have some information about this particular I would be very glad to receive it because I have not idea. I have put the "visual", you can help me if you want.

Regards

Hallo Boris, :cheers:

I must say I have never come across any information on a "widows award at all"

The ribbon shown reminds me of the "Ansclu?medaillen f?r ?sterreich, zur Erinnerung an den 13 Marz 1938."

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Hallo Boris, :cheers:

I must say I have never come across any information on a "widows award at all"

The ribbon shown reminds me of the "Ansclu?medaillen f?r ?sterreich, zur Erinnerung an den 13 Marz 1938."

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Hello Kevin

The photo came from this link:

http://www.medal-medaille.com/product_info...roducts_id=1086

Must be a mistake from the seller (any can make a mistake). You are rigth the ribbon is very like to that medal but without the white bands:

Anyway thinking now :speechless: , have not sense a "widows medal" in 1898. In special because is not a war commemorative medal.

Thank you very much Kevin

Regards

Carlos