News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I live in hope of finding the roll of Olympics Decorations 2nd Class since those are, of course, among the no-awards-published-after-1932 "invisibles."

I rather wonder about the set though since that class-- which fits on the medal bar-- should have an eagle device on the ribbon bar like

As a PAIR (Iron Cross and Hessian Bravery Medal) I have no way to verify that identification. You need a photo of him wearing his ribbons.

As for the Bavarian-- PLEASE slip all those flopping around rings back under the edges of the ribbons where they belong before all that enamel gets dashed off swinging around. :beer:

Hi Luftkrieg,

beautiful bars... the wearer of your first bar may be

Dr. Wolfgang Schmidt

Olympia 2. Stufe 15.01.1937 as OSA or

General von Bernuth

Olympia 2. Stufe 15.01.1937 as M

both in the Weimar ranklist with EK 1, EK 2, HssAET and black wound badge.

Schmidt was found in the 1939 ranklist as Feldgeneralarzt. Keilig listed an Schmidt-Hofmann of the austrian army as Generalarzt. von Bernuth got the knight cross of the iron cross.

Hi Rick - " roll of Olympics Decorations 2nd Class" do you mean????

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Werner

Dear Pierce,

Marvellous bars! :love::cheers: Are they in your collection?

Btw the medal bar with the Olympia Ehrenzeichen is quite something. These are quite rare to be found mounted on a parade medal bar, since I guess most of them were awarded to Civilians and Gold Pheasants of the party.

I have also found on a book I have in my library (Ehrenzeichen des Herzogsgutm Sachsen-Altenburg, Dekorationen des Herzoglich Sachsen Ernestinischen Hausorden 1814-1918) a great medal bar (see attachment), unfortunately also unnamed.

Ciao,

Claudio

As for the Bavarian-- PLEASE slip all those flopping around rings back under the edges of the ribbons where they belong before all that enamel gets dashed off swinging around. :beer:

This is how it came, but i will get right on to it Rick! :cheers:

Dear Pierce,

Btw the medal bar with the Olympia Ehrenzeichen is quite something. These are quite rare to be found mounted on a parade medal bar, since I guess most of them were awarded to Civilians and Gold Pheasants of the party.

I have also found on a book I have in my library (Ehrenzeichen des Herzogsgutm Sachsen-Altenburg, Dekorationen des Herzoglich Sachsen Ernestinischen Hausorden 1814-1918) a great medal bar (see attachment), unfortunately also unnamed.

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Yes these are now both in my collection! :cheers: Thanks for the scan, thats a real beaut! With so many awards on it, how can it not be Ided?

Hi Luftkrieg,

beautiful bars... the wearer of your first bar may be

Dr. Wolfgang Schmidt

Olympia 2. Stufe 15.01.1937 as OSA or

General von Bernuth

Olympia 2. Stufe 15.01.1937 as M

both in the Weimar ranklist with EK 1, EK 2, HssAET and black wound badge.

Schmidt was found in the 1939 ranklist as Feldgeneralarzt. Keilig listed an Schmidt-Hofmann of the austrian army as Generalarzt. von Bernuth got the knight cross of the iron cross.

Hi Rick - " roll of Olympics Decorations 2nd Class" do you mean????

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Werner

Hi Werner,

Can you post this info i.e. the roles with their names?? :jumping:

Are there any pics of either of them?

Thanks

Pierce

...Here ist von bernuth with his ribbon bar....

I think this is a very good match to my ribbon bar. no device on the olympic decoration and the 12yr eagle is slightly lower than the 25yr...just like mine! what do the rest of you think?

thanks

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

Rick

Edited by luftkreig

Dear Pierce,

Ciao,

Claudio

Okay, query from One Who Does Not Know:

Why on Earth does his second BMVO IV wind up six places to the right of the Hindenburg cross??? Laziness of hte assembler ("Schei?e! I'm not gonna disassemble the whole thing for one lousy MVO! I'll just add it to the end...!")

As a former resident of Bavaria who's still partial to the former Kingdom, I don't get it! Somebody please enlighten me!

---Cartoonman

Okay, query from One Who Does Not Know:

Why on Earth does his second BMVO IV wind up six places to the right of the Hindenburg cross??? Laziness of hte assembler ("Schei?e! I'm not gonna disassemble the whole thing for one lousy MVO! I'll just add it to the end...!")

As a former resident of Bavaria who's still partial to the former Kingdom, I don't get it! Somebody please enlighten me!

---Cartoonman

Because the second MVO and the Luitpolt Medal are pure Peace-time awards. At first he wears his War-time Awards, then the long service Awards, then the third Reich Awards and last and unfortunately at least his Peace-time Awards.

I also do not like to see those nice and rare MVO?s in this position. Some Wehrmacht Officers don`t wore their Jubilee Medal on their Medal Bar(Maybe no Bavarian Patriots)