News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French insignia of the Italian campaign

Garth Thompson

As a matter of interest I thought the members would like to see a selection of insignia of the Corps Expeditionaire Francais en Italie. The patch has been identified in error as the French 2nd Army in the US. According to Insignes Tissus L'Armee Francaise de 1945 a 2000 volume 1 it is for the French Expeditionary Corps (Italy).

Hope you find this post interesting,

Garth

Overview

• 2 weeks later...

Garth

The painted metal version of the CEF (Corps Exp?ditionnaire Fran?ais) badge was worn in the traditionnal fashion on the breast-pocket of the tunic or shirt. Usual place for distinctive unit badges in the French Forces.

Service cap badges reflecting the type of unit are mostly embroided. They are distinctive of the employment : infantry, cavalry, tanks, service corps or medical corps etc...

Hope this proves helpful.

Regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

Hi Chris

They also would have thought it was a football match.... :cheeky:

My two uncles were in the French expeditionary corps in Italy, and it was not a sport as they said to me!

Yours :beer:

Bison

The campaign in Italy was in my opinion the toughest of all the European campaigns. I have the honour of knowing a former university professor who served through it as a Lieutenant with the Perth Regiment.