I suppose one must bear in mind that some of the medals we have were awarded to gay people (if one really cares about who does what with who and how). In fact, I know someone who researches WW1 relatives for people who's sometimes had to confess that a certain military 'crime' for which a great-uncle was convicted falls into the same-sex sexual misdemeanor.

Those pics just show different cultures in a different age...

... although that one of the Soviet generals is really dodgy.

I think those badges commemorate a jubilee of Lenin's death. I have 1-2 back home. I'm in Tbilisi for another week so I can't check. I've never seen a photo of one being worn, much less three, and on a uniform no less. I also didn't know they were worn on a cloth backing.

Edit: No, 20-Year Jubilee of the Revolution.

That is a way strange photo. I don't know what to make of it. I think I'll reserve my right of skepticism.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

Chuck!! :Cat-Scratch:

Welcome back.

How are the kids?

[/quote]

The kids are just great. I spent the day out at Telavi last Saturday. No health problems at all, which was a nice surprise. Schoolwork is going great there, too. Our teachers and coaches and the government's teachers are doing fine jobs. There's more meat and greens to eat than there has ever been but we still supplement.

The government has fostered out the smallest ones and that program seems to be working pretty well. At least, as far as anyone knows since they don't have many social workers to follow up. There are only 88 older kids left now, including the poor kids that weren't "cute enough" to get fostered. We delivered the penpal letters and got a lot of pictures. I'll post a Kodak album after I get home.

My darlin' wife was here for my middle two weeks. She left early this morning. I go home on the same flight a week from today. Meanwhile I've still go to do my last week's work but I'll have Friday off. Work has gone pretty well but the EU way of doing things takes some getting used to. I wound up teaching three 2-day workshops which hardly seems worth the effort or money but they've turned out well. I'll keep the money, of course, but I could have done more and they just wouldn't have it. Their way makes the project last longer and pumps up the billable days, my way gets more done sooner. As always, they pay the money and they get to make those kinds of decisions. I know the host isn't very happy with their way but that's the way it's going to be.

I'm bringing back some great collectibles and photos. I went through them all again today. I'll be sharing when I get back.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...