News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My TWM family

TerryG

• 10 months later...

I just took a break from the woodshop (I'm still on vacation) and thought I'd have a coffee and check out the posts.

Wow! :jumping: Sweet collection!

You've given me a good reference to compare with if (when?) I run onto one for my collection.

Thanks for updating your post.

Very nice indeed.

Regards

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Terry,

I don't want to hijack your thread or get too far off-topic but, I seen this piece on Detlev's last update and thought it was interesting as the screwback is marked "Hansen". Looking at the enamel patterns though, is closely resembles other makers. Do you have any that match? 9-rivets

Thoughts anyone?

Tim

Edited by Tim B

Quite an amazing piece! What a shame the additional parts are missing (tughra, date, and even an extra crescent). I do not have anything like that in terms of the appearance of the enamel. I think I have one with 9 rivets which also has these separation lines under the enamel but not quite as pronounced (top left star in the 1st photo of this thread). You need to ask our Turkish friends Demir and Avsar about that. I assume it was sold within seconds? US$301!

Edited by TerryG

Yes, I could only imagine what the price might have been had the piece been complete. He also sold a nice painted version for US $136.

It will be interesting to see if Hansen is the actual maker of the star or just the screw disk.

Tim :cheers:

Oh, PM sent on the other issue.

Terry,

I don't want to hijack your thread or get too far off-topic but, I seen this piece on Detlev's last update and thought it was interesting as the screwback is marked "Hansen". Looking at the enamel patterns though, is closely resembles other makers. Do you have any that match? 9-rivets

Thoughts anyone?

Tim

Hello,

I think this is Godet and the screwback is made by Hansen.

Here is a picture of the reverse of an Godet at home, it has 9 rivet holes with the same pattern. 9 th is behind the pins loop.

Thanks

demir

Hello Demir!

Thank you for confirming that, as I too have pictures saved of pieces with enamel matching Godet and another one that was not marked at all. Still one that I need to get :blush: but, wanted to confirm what I was looking at here.

Tim :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...