News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 121
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent the seller an email requesting rear shots of the tabs. I explained that I wanted to use the photo as a reference piece! He was nice enough to send this clear scan!!

• 4 weeks later...

hello, herewith some repro stuff to look at if anyone needs a bigger scan, email me and I'll send one

rgds

pikestaff

Hi Pikestaff

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see close ups of both front and back of each of the tabs! They seem to be very good repros!!! Do you have any background on them(where they were made, who distributes them to dealers, etc)

Thank you again for your contribution to this thread

Regards

Paul

[attachmentid=37208]

Hi Pikestaff

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see close ups of both front and back of each of the tabs! They seem to be very good repros!!! Do you have any background on them(where they were made, who distributes them to dealers, etc)

Thank you again for your contribution to this thread

Regards

Paul

[attachmentid=37208]

Those are some good repros! A couple of them would have me fooled... Thank you for the picks.

What about these make them fake? Do you know any information on these?

REgards

Paul

Those are some good repros! A couple of them would have me fooled... Thank you for the picks.

What about these make them fake? Do you know any information on these?

REgards

Paul

Hello there really are some really bad firms out ther, romise everything, so money is sent, receive cr*p in the post, best leave it to someone else to get thier fingers burnt, three of them owe me money or goods, thier government could care less, these firms dont answer emails, I'm now on isoprolol, blood presure tablets.

rgds

Pikestaff

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Pretty sure these are bad, as they have what appears to be modern cardboard as the base, but I could be wrong. This is not my area of expertise but I would wager they're no good. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pat

hello, that officers pair of collar patches,( the right hand patch in the picture), the bottom of it does not look very good, as for metal gulls, I dont know, roger jamews bemder book 'air organisations of the third reich'hows majors rank with one gull each, as far as I know, no ranks just had a wreath on each patch, the gulls would have been sewn on same time as the wreath, there are more members with more knowledge than I, ask in the repro patch section.

rgds

Pikestaff

Hi Pikestaff,

Those EM tabs do look pretty bad! I have seen re-enactor's tabs that look a lot more convincing.

Avitas,

Those tabs are 100% real. They are for the ranks of Major-Oberst(actual rank was reflected on the shoulder boards.) in the East German Air Force. The the DDR Air Force only used the one waffenfarbe for everyone.

Here are some examples of them on some uniforms:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=2...indpost&p=21426

• 1 month later...

It is starting to get scary out there... check these out! This set is amongst a huge array of LW insignia being sold by the same seller on Ebay. At least he is selling them as repro!

It is starting to get scary out there... check these out! This set is amongst a huge array of LW insignia being sold by the same seller on Ebay. At least he is selling them as repro!

Hello, yers the manufacturers are getting better by the month, although some are outright thieves I get no end of trouble from some of them, no names, no pack drill.

best regards,

Pikestaff

• 3 weeks later...

This seller is selling them as repros, but it is the next guy I am worried about.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for posting these, as I did not get a chance last night. These are VERY scary, but thank God they are still screwing up a couple of details.

Hi,

Bill had sent me the scans of the Eng tabs in question but I did not know they were being sold as repros on ebay....to be quite honest I did not pick them out as repros. I did note that the backing material was more "coarse" than what I had seen on other tabs but that alone can not be a discriminating factor since I have tabs with everything from cardboard to very fine weave buckram like material. Looking at the tabs again, and knowing that they are repro, I would say that the 1/2 wreath is poorly constructed and not of the usual quality. That being said we have to remember that tabs were made in a cottage industry and there are many variants. I have seen original examples of wreaths that were quite poorly woven and not what one would expect from TR quality bullion.

I guess the lesson in this is that whole tab has to be considered. They are getting scary. I wonder if they pass UV test or the burn test.

Gary B

• 1 month later...