News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Endley Collection : Part 1 : The Sudan and Iraq

sabrigade

Will,

The gilt one with the maroon ribbon is, I believe, Saddam's prize (order) for art - 1st Class - the second class is of silver with a blue ribbon - both are nicely made pieces and the earlier ones have a year date on a suspension link - Italian or Swiss manufacture(?).

The top left trio are the Order of Arts & Sciences - in total four grades gilt and silver large and small - instituted 1996 (?) and locally made. There is also a science order (1999?) - again locally made, but these series of awards is very confusing and difficult to work out which are state orders and which are annual prizes but which are also worn - very confusing. There is also a 1988 Saddam Appreciation Order which also covers academc (literary, artistc, scientific ) success or merit

What is the medal with the orange or red ribbon?

Regards,

Owain.

Edited by oamotme

• 3 weeks later...

Brother Will

I was wondering is that a Wisam al Faisal I Breast Badge on the wall. Nice how much did that cost you buy it when you were in Iraq?

Lorenzo

Nice, I seen two in Baghdad, Iraq that belonged to a private collector. I offerd $5,000.00 for 1 of the Breast badges he had but would not except my offer. These are very Scarce The Order of King Faisal I Breast badge.

Lorenzo

• 6 months later...