News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Austrian Ribbon Bars

Paul R

• Replies 74
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that medals are not the main topic of this thread yet, if anyone has any Austrian medal bars or singles, let us see them as well. I do not have any medal bars, but this is what I do have for medals...

Edited by Paul Reck

Guest Rick Research

The 1908 Franz Joseph Jubilee Cross came on different ribbons for military or civil service recipients. Yours is incorrectly on a bravery ribbon, but that may help out-- looks like the Signum Laudis and Karl Small Silver Bravery Medals are on reproduction ribbons. the colors and "shine" don't look right, and I'm guessing those will flare bright electric blue under a blacklight.

The Mint mark on silver bravery medals is on the side rim at about where the "H" in "BOH." is-- normally a tiny "A" in a circle for Vienna. I've never seen one made in Budapest.

My God... 5 wounds!!! Wow! I would not want to be the soldier who received this award!!!! Is this the biggest you have seen? Thank you for posting this medal.

After 1935, would this have turned into a gold wound badge or did the Austrians keep their Wound Medals?

Thank you again for posting this medal Dave!

BTW Bob,

Thank you for posting your medal and ribbon bar set! You are right. They do have a bit of repetition(especially in the ribbon bars). I dont know why they have such an appeal to me as they are not that attactive or colorful.

Regards

Paul