News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

This is the full medal bar size "Old Style" in South German fashion--

although it was made with the spring clips inside under the ribbons allowing for detachable full awards (perhaps why there are no devices) it was never worn with crosses, as the unstretched ribbons show:

[attachmentid=16518]

Iron Cross, what must have been a HHOX, Red Eagle Order (so this recipient was a Prussian citizen, not a native W?rttemberger from this precedence), and what must have been the W?rttemberg Military Merit Order.

Although it may LOOK like new synthetic ribbons from the scan, this is a "drop dead mint" silk ribbons ?wartime/? 1920s bar.

Guest Rick Research

Here is another Weird Fashion Statement like the one above-- a Bavarian bar (what we would normally EXPECT to see in the "South German" style as above) in "North German" PRUSSIAN style!

[attachmentid=16519]

In fact, this doubly naughty Bavarian has also mounted his own Luitpold Army Jubilee Medal ahead of his Prussian Iron Cross and what COULD be either a peacetime W?rttemberg Friedrich Order OR a Prussian Crown Order. (If you can tell those two apart after 90 years, yerra better man than I am, Gunga Din!)

In fact, THIS one being "drop dead mint" as well makes me feel an Old Style Ribbon Bars thread coming on... because so many wearers were SHOT dead in 1914 (small wonder-- large target!!!)

landsknechte,

Thank you! I look forward to seeing your other bar when you get a chance!! How can you tell where it is from?

I was braindead when posting that last one. I had mentally transposed a Wtbg bravery medal with a Saxon FAM. This is my other Wurttemburg bar:

IPB Image

I still can't help but wonder if my little 3x combo is at all related to this grouping - Generalleutnant Wilhelm Weidinger. (Not mine, BTW.) :blush:

Edited by landsknechte

Sad thing about Weideger's group is that the original seller in Germany had these 3 pieces and 2 additional, smaller ribbon bars.... all listed as individual lots. Now 2 of them have gone bye-bye forever and the owner will never know he owns a piece of a General's History....... because the original seller did not ID the items, our own (Truly) Evil Rick Research pulled that off!

The W?rttemburg bar I listed has:

Long Service in first (out of order, but made that way!)

Wilhelm's Cross with Swords

Austrian War Ribbon with Swords

Flanders Cross with Swords (Veteran's piece)

If I may correct you:

The ribbon you identify as "Wilhelm's Cross" (presupposed the basic color is really red -how it appears-) is the ribbon of the W?rttemberg Merit Cross, 1915-18.

Best regards

Matthias