News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

@stogieman: I think 2284 Verdienstkreuze mit Schwertern have been awarded. The swords on my example are gold plated and the cross is made from one piece. Usually the medaillons are attached separately. Maybe a late war example.

David Gregory, thank you very much for your question. Actually this is the W?rttemberg lifesaving ribbon, so the stripes are much yellower (is that a word?), a much brighter yellow, than shown in the picture.

I have to check color accuracy much more carefully in the future. Thank you again for making me aware of this situation.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

@ Bob: beautiful bar! Is Weidinger's medal bar yours? Do you have more info on him?

Dear all,

Here's my w?rttemburg'sche Spange!

? Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2.Klasse (OEK 1909).

? Kriegsdenkm?nze 1870/71 f?r K?mpfer mit den vier Gefechtsspangen W?rth, Sedan, Villiers und Paris (OEK 1941/4/10/13/24)

? Milit?r-Verdienstorden, Ritterkreuz 1914-1918, Chiffre "WR", Gold, (OEK 2967)

? Wilhelmskreuz mit Schwertern (OEK 3078)

? Frontk?mpferehrenkreuz (OEK 3803)

? Orden der W?rttembergischen Krone, Ritterkreuz, Gold (OEK 2938)

? Friedrichs-Orden, Ritterkreuz 1.Klasse, Gold (OEK 2980)

? Dienstehrenzeichen 1.Klasse, Kreuz f?r 25 Dienstjahre, 1891-1921 (OEK 3089)

? Silberne Erinnerungsmedaille zum 25j?hrigen Regierungsjubil?um K?nig Karls, 1889 (OEK 3014)

? Centenar-Medaille 1897 (OEK 1965)

Gentlemen,

Having had an opportunity to bring a couple of pieces home for pictures, I thought I would share the results before they go back to where they reside. Another visitor is posted on the Saxon thread.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

Claudio-- any luck identifying the 1870 W?rttemberger still alive in 1935 who was at the front in 1914-18? He must have retired as an Oberstleutnant or so and come back as a Landwehr regiment commander-- something like that.

I have NO W?rttemberg MVO list!!!! :speechless::speechless::speechless:

The visiting bar must have been an officer in Inf Rgt 126, whose "Chef" was the Grand Duke of Baden. He's certainly "findable" in the Baden rolls, but without any way to confirm the W?rttemberg Orders :speechless::speechless: let alone the certainly ought to be unique Schaumburg-Lippe award!!!! (Neal mentioned that the roll for that was on MICROFICHE-- whether he or George ever printed one out, or remains in that form, I don't know. But MAYBE it has survived among their papers....)

Hi Rick,

Mqny thanks for the info. I can not answer as to whether George had a print out of that Schaumberg-Lippe award or not for sure as I?ve not sorted it all out yet. If I do find it, I will let you know though.

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

@Rick; no luck with the research of my w?rttemberg'sche Spange... also Daniel tried to find more about this bar, unfortunately without success. He must have been quite an old guy when he received the "Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer" in 1934-35... If he partecipated to the 1870-71 Franco-Prussian War, at that time he should have been at least 19-20 (born around 1850), he would have been well over 80 years old when this medal bar was put together for him! During WWI he must have been quite an old guy, too! At least 63-64! Mmmmhh... Too bad!

Do you know how many Landwehr units had W?rttemberg before the outbreak of WWI (1913-1914)? I could check my Ranglisten of 1913 and see if there was such a senior officer in a w?rttemberg'sche Landwehr unit in W?rttemberg. Strange also that he wasn't awarded with the EK 2. Kl. 1870; maybe he was so young that he didn't even serve too close to the front or maybe he was just a 1-Jahr-Freiwilliger or a Fahnenjunker at that time...

Too bad that we can't find him! With such array of decorations... it should be possible!

ciao,

Claudio

• 8 months later...

niiice one!!!

Is there a hole from a missing device at the Crown ribbon?????

Best regards

Daniel

There is a little damage in the ribbon. It might be from swords, but it might also not be, I cannot tell sure ...

PS:

The EK ribbon has been missing when I got the bar, I replaced it correctly. On the reverse, there has a rest been visible, first I thought it might be black-white, but i was definitely not!

Edited by saschaw