News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Farrier Trade Badge

Everyone gets blessed from time to time!! It really pays to scour the vendor sites looking for bargains. Even dealers have bargains some times!!!

The rarest of the rare coming to MY house!!!

:love:

Now I am green with envie! Congratulation to a rare find and to find it as a bargin is something to wich for. I will keep on looking for mine. Do you have that badge with cord as well?

Peter

Edited by PeterL

Thanks for the kind words! I have never seen one with the cord before. Have you? I only know of one other basic level. Have you seen any mroe of these anywhere?

Paul

Paul,

In this thread on WA you can see a photo in post #71 on the Farrier with cord

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...5689&page=5

The whole thread is about LW armpatches and you can find other Farrier badges for references. They differs from yours, if that is relevant, I do not know.

From what I can find out, there are 33 diffrent trade badges and numerous variations of them, white or gold cord and they also comes with silver thread. Without the silver cord ones I have found 67 variations and I have 32 of them. I tend to buy the trade badges to confort myself for not finding what I'm looking for.

Regards

Peter

Edited by PeterL

I agree Peter,

There are tons of variations with these!! I have never seen a corded farriers badge in a collection before! If I find one, I will send it your way. I have quite a few trade badges as well(maybe 25-30) and they are very addicting. My favorite(other than the farrier) is the Sea Rescue badge! I would love to find a LW divers badge!

Here are 4 of mine. I'm planning to take pictures of my whole collection this weekend so if I get the time, I'll try to get one pic of all my trade badges

I will do the same!! Why dont you start a new thread about LW Trade badges? I will add mine!

I love your sea rescue badge!

Hmmm, I see you have been holdiong out on me Paul!

Great find. I only know of one other Luft Farrier badge in a collection. I beleive many Luft perosnnel used the Amry Farrier badge.

Indeed a rare find. Please PM me the price you paid for this so I will have one other thing to get mad at you for!

Gary B

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to tell, really. I've had this probably since the 60's. One of the few advantages to doing this stuff since before God created dirt...........

Of course, I did manage to post it upside down!

Edited by Harrier

Not much to tell, really. I've had this probably since the 60's. One of the few advantages to doing this stuff since before God created dirt...........

Hi,

As I mentioned in my posting on another forum, this is the 1st NCO Piped farrier patch I have seen or heard of.

Very nice. I see you are in VA. I am in Woodbridge, VA.

Gary B

Just curious - some say a pipd trade badge is for NCOs, some say it represents 1 or more years of service in that trade (regardless of rank). Did piping mean the same thing for all trade badges? What about gold piped trade badges?

:speechless:

Edited by Scott