News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

L/11 with envelope

Jim R

Hi Jim,

a very nice and rare envelope !

But what makes me a litte bit thinking is the 1 in "1.Klasse". This number looks so small, not like the von in "1939".

So why did they use two different designs of it ?

I didn`t say it is a fake, but for me this one (envelope and desgin) is new.... :(

King Regards,

Oliver

What i forget:

On the back there is a stamp with mm L/11 and on the top is a print with: "Nur vom Beliehenen zu ?ffnen", but the LDO-crosses were purchsed private from a dealer and were not awarded......

King Regards,

Oliver

Hi Jim,

a very nice and rare envelope !

But what makes me a litte bit thinking is the 1 in "1.Klasse". This number looks so small, not like the von in "1939".

So why did they use two different designs of it ?

I didn`t say it is a fake, but for me this one (envelope and desgin) is new.... :(

King Regards,

Oliver

As an artist who who in years past did commercial jobs involving type faces, I can offer this comment: the type faces in the "1.Klasse" and the "1939" are two different size, which could account for the discrepancy you note. The 1939 is a larger point size, and is bold-faced. I can't say for sure whether the "1.Klasse" is standard or bold, but it is clearly smaller point size...

I didn't say the envelop is real :lol: , but I wouldn't judge it fake based on this printing question... Perhaps you could track down some of those others, for comparison...?

cheers,

Gene

What i forget:

On the back there is a stamp with mm L/11 and on the top is a print with: "Nur vom Beliehenen zu ?ffnen", but the LDO-crosses were purchsed private from a dealer and were not awarded......

King Regards,

Oliver

I agree that this is significant. This is not an LDO packet so it's not clear why Deumer would stamp it with their LDO number. The EK1 could be bought in retail outlets in a paper packet rather than a case, but LDO packets had the LDO logo on the front and did not give the designation of the award they contained.

Edited by James Clark

If you have a copy of "The Iron Time" on page 309 you will see the same envelope. As I said in my first post it has been declared an original. Jim

Jim, nobody said, that this one is a fake, but i have some doubts....

They could be original, but they could be a fake, too.

Not all, what is written in books must be ok and true.

Or are i am wrong ?

King Regards,

Oliver