News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Rank shoulder slides

Paul R

• Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice job Lorenzo! :jumping:

Will, I hear you loud and clear. These days, everything is being reproduced... often with great skill. Unless an item comes directly from the source, it is quite impossible to REALLY know it's origin.

Guest IMHF

I have some Manufactured in Germany Iraqi Airforce Rank Sleeve Insignia I just picked up from a friend in Baghdad, Iraq:

Lorenzo

Hello Lorenzo,

I am a 100 % sure. The last three styles you showed us, were done by the manufacturer from germany.

This items are directly delivered to the army in bagdad.

Good things, as I told you I have their sample card.

Try to make another (better) foto or scan.

Keep in touch

• 1 year later...

Guys, I want to share with you three types of Iraqi epaulettes in my collection:

Brigadier, unknown manufacture, but obtained many years ago. Very good embroidery.

iraq-bg-small.jpg

A pre-1990s Lieutenant General rank from the UK firm, Toye, Kenning & Spencer. The cloth material is very thick and heavy, and the epaulettes are huge in size.

iraq-lg-small.jpg

And finally, a post-1990s Field Marshal rank, probably a China-made reproduction from Trident, in excellent quality

iraq-fm-small.jpg

First I want to thank you for posting your collection of Iraqi Insignia; I really like the first one. Please keep me in mind if you ever want to part with it; you are 5th person that I have heard Trident was getting shipments in of China made Iraqi Military. Goes to show that the FAKES are coming out sooner then we think.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Dear Lorenzo,

I am happy to add some variations to this thread.

I have heard that Trident has been getting Chinese shipments for some years now. Their Mushir ranks are now so cheap that I decided to buy a pair just to see what it was like, and the quality is fantastic. It's much, much better than the so-called OIF epaulettes that are coming back from Iraq. Nevertheless, it is still a fake.

I'm actually only interested in the "Muhib" or "Mushir" ranks, but I can't find any that were made before the 1990s. If you happen to have a spare set, I will be happy to trade, or buy!

Alf

First I want to thank you for posting your collection of Iraqi Insignia; I really like the first one. Please keep me in mind if you ever want to part with it; you are 5th person that I have heard Trident was getting shipments in of China made Iraqi Military. Goes to show that the FAKES are coming out sooner then we think.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Dear Lorenzo,

I am happy to add some variations to this thread.

I have heard that Trident has been getting Chinese shipments for some years now. Their Mushir ranks are now so cheap that I decided to buy a pair just to see what it was like, and the quality is fantastic. It's much, much better than the so-called OIF epaulettes that are coming back from Iraq. Nevertheless, it is still a fake.

I'm actually only interested in the "Muhib" or "Mushir" ranks, but I can't find any that were made before the 1990s. If you happen to have a spare set, I will be happy to trade, or buy!

Alf

Alf

This type of Rank would be so hard to get, I myself only have a few copies in my collection. Unless Saddam Hussein gave you one of his sets it would be so hard to believe it would be an original.

I heard that China is also making Fedayeen uniforms have you heard any thing about this to bring it to the light?

thank you

Lorenzo

Actually, for me, it doesn't matter if the ranks were not worn by Saddam himself. As long as the ranks were made before the war, and before all the copies were manufactured for souvenirs, I would be happy with such a pair.

Alf

This type of Rank would be so hard to get, I myself only have a few copies in my collection. Unless Saddam Hussein gave you one of his sets it would be so hard to believe it would be an original.

I heard that China is also making Fedayeen uniforms have you heard any thing about this to bring it to the light?

thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

Here is a picture of four different types of Iraq "Mushir" ranks in my collection for comparison.

iraq-FM-various-small.jpg

And here is a picture of an Iraqi Air Force general rank, with the edges embroidered with real metallic bullion, instead of the shiny yellow cloth border that I often see.

iraq-af-gen4-small.jpg

I have been following the above posts and have a few pictures of my own to post. On the original Iraqi Military Forum, http://z8.invisionfree.com/Iraq_militaria_forum/index.php?

we have been tossing the "made in Germany" shoulder board question around and and haven't come up with a definite answer. Probably more questions than answers. It seems if a shoulder board is well made, it automatically gets the title "German Made".

Germany didn't mark or add a tag to say they were made in Germany which adds to the confusion.

I will be posting some SB's that are very well made and were made by the the Iraqi Official Military Sewing Factory and also some made by the same company that aren't very well constructed.

The first SB is German Made and has a black plastic sewn in to the inside of the SB. Some only have a thin leather sewn inside. This SB is for a Brigadier General that has completed the Staff Officer College (red stripe on board).

Bob

Bob

Thank you for the display I hope we find some clear answers on this topic; thank you always for your help.

-Have you ever heard of the Mens Clothing Warehouse in An Najaf I have seen some of their pre 2003 rank sets and they look the same as the so called German sets. The are machine swen so maybe the patterens were given to the Iraqis?

Lorenzo

This set here belongs to a private collector in Baghdad these set belonged to Adnan Khayrallah Tulfa personally.

Very nice quality; I just wish the dealer would had excepted my offer on them.

Lorenzo

Another German Made nylon Brigadier General Shoulder Board.

Bob

Bob

Are these the ones manufactured to be water proof; worn during rainy days?

Lorenzo

Bob

How are you doing, I was wondering if you could give us some information on this type of Shoulder Boards. I believe that they are for a Team leader or Section Sergeant I am not sure.

Thank you

Lorenzo

I also picked these up here in Mosul, Iraq they were worn by Iraqi Officers that walked around the Air Base which had a U.S. Army Rank on them. The U.S officer rank would velcro on to the top of the rank which was equal to the Iraqi Officer's Rank.

Lorenzo

This is a Army Lieutenant Colonel who has completed the Officer Staff College, gilt on green shoulder board made by the Iraqi Official Military Sewing Factory.

Still very good quality and velvety wide red stripe.

Bob

This is a Army Lieutenant Colonel who has completed the Officer Staff College, gilt on green shoulder board made by the Iraqi Official Military Sewing Factory.

Still very good quality and velvety wide red stripe.

Bob

I love this type of quality rank slide; these are the ones I have my eye out for.

Bob

Thank you for posting your fine examples of rank slides and information :cheers:

Lorenzo

These are Iraqi Air Force Brigadier General who has completed the Officer Staff College shoulder boards.

They were made by the Iraqi Official Military Sewing Factory. Many collectors who first see these think they were "German Made".

Bob

Hi Lorenzo,

No, the swords are not made of solid gold, but are thickly plated with gold. Actually, if you like these ranks, I'm interested in selling or trading them off since I don't collect air force ranks, but only army ranks.

Very nice set of Iraqi Air Force Rank Set, are the cross swords made of gold?

Lorenzo